Mission (Captain America/fluff)

Words: 1673

Type: fluff

Warnings: light swearing but other than that none(except if you hate really cute things)

requested by: @marvel_diehard (a really good friend of mine she did a couple of request for me she is super sweet ((go subscribe to her or check out her book pls)) I hope you like it!)
—————————————————

y/n pov (bc yes I'm that type of writer who changes pov sorry)

I woke up bright and early today because I was going to train a little with Steve before the mission. I might be a new avenger but I still got a room in the tower and actually I've been here for only a month and everybody seems to like me. Except that they were a bit scared at first because of my powers. I am a weird mix of powers like I have healing powers, I can control object without touching them, I can read peoples mind and control them but mostly I can control fire I can also make it and attack with it. But having powers isn't as fun as it sounds because they're never easy to control. As I was overthinking my life while changing into some sports legging and a crop top cami, I putted my hair in a messy bun and brushed my teeth before heading towards the common kitchen. I made myself some coffee and glanced over at a clock. "5 am who in the world wakes up at 5 am" I muttered more to myself. "Capsicle does and I'm impressed he even managed to convince you to do the same." Tony said sitting across the room sipping his coffee while reading the newspaper. "Shut it stark you haven't slept in like 10 years." I said and an idea came to my mind "oh wow is that a fact or an observation y/l/n ?" he sassed back a smirk grew wider on my face while I concentrated on the idea of him spilling his coffee on himself and before I even knew it, it happened. "What in the world.... Y/N Y/L/N" "hehe" I giggled before putting y mug in the sink and running towards the training room. "what was all that yelling about?" Bucky asked me as I sat down beside him. "I made Stark spill his burning hot coffee on himself and his white shirt" I said half laughing half panting. Bucky shook his head while giggling and I felt a hand on my shoulder. "you mother fu..." I trailed off when I saw Steve "How many times do I need to tell you y/l/n language" he said "one day you'll snap I just know it" I said with a small laugh as I got up and started walking towards the "ring". "ok so today we'll work on body to body combat no powers allowed or telekinesis." "oh seriously" I said a bit sad "yes we need to be sure that you can use normal if Hydra have specialised weapons that could restrain your powers." he simply replied getting in position. "I mean I guess you kinda have a point." I said getting into position as well I saw his left fist clench a little more telling me he was going to hit with so I dodged it and got low almost touching the floor to slide behind him as he turned I putted my leg between his feet's and he fell to the ground with a loud thud. "even without my powers I'm winning" I said with a slight giggle he let out a small groan before saying "and I thought you were gonna have a little mercy because we have a mission after" under his breath. "ill be more gentle or you could fall with caution next time." I said sassily. "oh that's only if there's a next time." he sassed back I smiled gently before offering him my hand which he took gladly maybe a bit too much before i could even pull him off the ground he pulled me down and i landed on top of him our faces inches apart and our eyes locked together but i quickly got back on my feet and he cleared his throat. "you should go get ready we leave soon for that hydra base" he said "ok and thanks for this morning it's always fun to train with you" I said with a small smile before walking out from the corner of my eye I saw a mirror and Steve looking at my ass as I walked I blushed hard but still managed to hide it well enough. When I got to the kitchen everyone was having breakfast or almost. "y/l/n" tony said with a death stare "stark" I said blankly showing no kind of emotions. "Sir, if you want I could show the team what happened earlier this morning." Jarvis said and a hologram kind of screen showed up in the middle of the room and Jarvis played the little video of Tony pilling his coffee on him. Everyone started laughing hysterically except Tony who had a glance of mischief in his eyes I took the mug of coffee that Nat made me. I saw an arrow flying straight from the corner of my eyes I putted my hand up and stopped it while taking a small sip. "good one stark but you'll need more than Clint hanging out in the vents with his bow and arrows to make me spill my coffee." then Pepper walked in with a pregnancy test my eyes widened a little before she yelled "Tony I'm pregnant!!!" I spitted out my coffee in surprise. "oh wait no it's negative you held it the wrong way " tony replied and everyone started laughing except me. "not cool stark" I said with a small pout "is someone sad that she spilled her coffee on her" he said with an annoying voice "no I'm sad that's it's negative you shouldn't be playing around like that. Anyway you want to play pranks well I annonce prank wars after the mission!" I said before going to my room I sighed putting my dirty clothes in the washing machine and hoping in the shower.

(time skip brought to you by a spoon full of peanut butter on the counter of the tower)

We were all in the quinjet Steve explained the plan a last time before sitting next to me. "nervous?" he asked "obviously" I said with small laugh "it's my first mission." "hey everything will be alright okay" he said with a reassuring smile we finally landed and I was one of the person who needed to go inside to get the files about I don't remember what but Nat and Wanda are helping me. As we were almost there we saw another hydra agent before I could do anything he shoot me Wanda made a protective thing around us as Nat killed him. She then quickly got the files and the two of them helped me back to the quinjet and everything went black.

Steve's pov

"hey... what happened" I almost shouted "tony can we go back to the tower as fast as possible y/n has been shot with one of their new weapons she just closed her eyes I don't know the effect of it!" Natasha yelled as Bruce took her an lied her down. "her pulse is fine she is alive but their weapon disactivated her powers I think I'm not sure and she already have a scar where she was shot." he said "She got healing powers I guess that's what took the rest of her energy." Bucky guessed "yeah but the weapon is supposed to disactivate her powers" I replied "that's what I'm saying she fought against it long enough to heal then she gave up" Bucky said. "her pulse is getting slower Stark can you please go faster!" Bruce shouted. "Im going as fast as possible were almost there be ready to get her off." Tony replied. Once we landed they took her off the quinjet and quickly got her in the medical wing. A few stressing hours later stark and Banner came back. "she is going to be fine but you'll only be able to see her tomorrow." Tony said "oh ok then I'll be in my room night" I answered. They gave me weird glances before shrugging it off and going back to their room as well.

y/n pov
I woke up with blinding lights but I slowly adjusted my eyes. "Hey how are you feeling today?" Bruce asked me walking in."ummm a bit weird but not bad actually I feel more powerful i think" I answered. "Steve has been dying to see do you wish to see him?" He asked "um yeah why not send him in" Steve walked in and Banner wasn't lying he looked like he didn't sleep at all last night and didn't eat or anything. "Omg Steve are you alright?" I said quickly starting to worry about his health. "Do I look so bad? But I couldn't do anything else than thinking about what would've happened if you were gone" he said as a tear rolled down his cheek. I sat up cautiously on the bed as he sat on the corner. I wiped away his tear before saying "I wouldn't have left you alone before saying something very important..." i trailed off thinking about how to say it. "I love you Steve i know we're best friends and this is going to ruin the friendship and all but I just can't stop loving you." I said rambling a bit at the end. I looked down but he quickly putted a finger under my chin and gently forced me to look into his baby blue eyes. "I love you too y/n" he said pushing a strand of my h/c hair behind my ear. I hugged him tight smiling like crazy and hiding my face in the crook of his neck.