Ann's eyebrows furrowed some and she stood at the back of the crowd. Eventually, Marcus exited his office, right into the eager group of horse riders, and smiled big.

"Good morning everyone," He began.

"Thank you all for coming so early, this has been on my mind for some time and I've finally made a decision," Marcus' eyes caught Anns and he had to hold back himself because wow... she looked beautiful today.

He cleared his throat, pretending his pause was for effect.

"Bright Fields is going to a competition!" He removed the poster from his back pocket and held it up.

A majority of the group cheered, most having been through competitions, though some were more nervous than others and Ann remained still. She hadn't remained here long enough to compete so she wasn't worried about suddenly being in a horse competition.

"I'm very eager for you all to grow in your riding and see the pleasures of competition. The competition is set to occur two weeks from now, and for the first time, it will be occurring on the island at the Duke's Castle. I do also have the lineup," he revealed a piece of paper behind the competition flier. 

It read Intraregional Summer Show and the flier was decorated with images with wording throughout, Ann presumed information about the competition. Ann looked around again, noticing Pin still had not shown up and she frowned but refocused her attention onto Marcus again.

"Everyone will be participating in the Show Hack," whispers broke out in the group and hushed when he continued.

"Now, for the English Dressage... Becky." the group clapped as if on cue.

"The Riding Horse Division in the Small and Large classes respectively... Jade and Mia," He smiled, Mia smiling back some and Jade's face dropping completely. Becky and Zoe began to comfort her softly, telling her reassuringly everything will be fine.

"Working Hunter... Zoe," he said with a grin.

"And lastly, showjumping..."

Everyone waited eagerly, ann's eyes drifting around to everyone most curiously, then they were all looking at her. She blinked a few times, her eyes wandering to meet with everyone's.

"Ann? Did you hear me?"

She looked to Marcus and shook her head no.

"You're going to be our Show Jumper competitor, along with Mia." He gave his happy boyish grin.

Ann's face dropped and she could see Mia smirking for her.

"I feel bad for her, she's never even been in a competition," Mia remarked, and Zoe jumped in, her words surprising more than just Ann.

"Hey, it'll be ok, I show jumped my first competition," Zoe said.

Ann gave a nervous smile and nodded, looking back to Marcus who was grinning like a bear in a honey factory.

The group broke out in chatter about the news, and Ann took this moment to slip away into Soleils stall.

He snorted upon her arrival and nudged her shoulder, removing her from her daze and she greeted him quietly, petting his cheek, her hand moving down to his neck.

It wasn't long before Marcus rushed into the stall, apologizing to the horse when Soleil retaliated with a stomp of his front right hoof.

"Ann," he breathed, finally taking in the opportunity to take her in. She stood proud against he buckskin, wearing a pair of waist-high white breeches with tan knee patches, her black riding boots, and a black jersey. He could see the light makeup she'd put on, though he hardly thought she needed it, her cheekbones glittered in the sunlight when she moved just right and made her cheeks even more kissable, and she left her hair in a single braid down her back.

"Hey," he gently reached to touch her shoulder and watched her bite her lip and his face fell some. She was nervous, possibly even scared. He knew this competition would bring her out of her shell, she just needed a bit of a push... but push her too far and it might make everything worse.

"I can't," was all she could manage.

He smiled adoringly and squatted some so he could be at eye level. 

"I'm sure there are many things you can't do Ann, this isn't one of them. I've seen you jump, and I know I've told you this before. You'll learn the ropes and practice them, you'll get them down and nothing will stand in your way. We will work together, you're already doing splendidly, and by the time the competition arises you'll even be a challenger for Mia whose been competing much longer than any of the other riders here."

Ann could feel herself rising up, her confidence and power growing from his words.

"And you're not alone in this, yes all of us are here, but this competition isn't only about your power..." He grabbed her hand that rested on the neck of the gelding and she felt his life force beat strongly though it as his breath heaved his shoulders up and down powerfully. 

"He is by your side, trust, and use his power, as he will do with you. These trials are meant to test the both of you. He will be able to overcome it, just as you will." 

Ann stared into Marcus' eyes, her fear and anxiety disappearing, assurance replacing it and she nodded. She inhaled quickly as Marcus stood, towering over her, and her eyelashes fluttered with her rapid heartbeat and she felt her heart drop at his charming smile. 

I am eagerly awaiting for our lesson at three," he spoke softly, then pecked her quick and soft on the forehead then was gone.

________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: Becky is taking place in Dressage, not Show Hack (As everyone is taking part in the Show Hack), my mistake. It's been fixed as it will be of importance in Chapter 20. <3