"Don't worry, this thing you're planning is not wedding  oo.
I would show you when it's my turn" he said in a serious tone earning a chuckle from me.

"Osheeey, wedding planner" I teased.

*****APRIL'S POV*****

I stared at my self  for the umpteenth time in the mirror. I was looking like a different lady but more beautiful.  Power of a make over.

My gown  and everything I wore, screamed expensive. It was entirely breathtaking.  It was a handles gown with a W neck at the edge. It was beaded from the breast region to the last edge.
I wish it were a real wedding but it's not fake either.

I wanted a marriage of love. I want to smile while taking my vows knowing that I would   spend the rest of my life with the love of my life but the situation was the direct opposite.

I didn't want to leave my family.  How will they cope without me? Dad kept telling me that  he would  be fine but I  knew it was the opposite. 

I really wanted to cry maybe it will ease the pain I felt right now but no tear flickered in my eye.   I'm  I this hard?

'April maybe you should let it out like Irene said'

my subconscious said  but I am trying. Irene is definitely right, she cries whenever she is hurt and after that she relaxes and sleeps off.  It was like her antidote.

I remembered when her grandmother died she was really sad because the old woman raised her up.

Irene's parents were always busy, her mom was a doctor and owns a big hospital here in Lagos while her dad runs  a company like dad.

The door swung open and I immediately snapped  my head towards the direction.  Irene walked in looking charming. She was wearing a silver beaded mermaid gown with matching heels. Her hair was packed in a loose bun with some strands falling across her face. Her makeup was nude, just how she loved it.
A smile played on her lips the moment her eyes fell on me.

"Baby you look gorgeous" she was totally grinning from ear to ear.

"Thanks bestie" I passed her a small smile.  She observeed  my sad expression.

"April you will be fine?" It was more like a question but she intended to make it a statement.

"I will. Guess its time?" I tried to sound normal but my voice broke.  She gave me slight nod.  Yes!  time for me to be handed over to a stranger and leave my family.  Time for my life to take a drastic change.  I sighed and  tried to inhale loud.

I stood up and arranged my gown to enable me walk.  it was a bore gown  and  my heels where invisible.

Irene held my hands as we walked downstairs to meet dad. He was sitting on the couch in the living room with Adrian.