Who was the stalker now?

However, before their lips could meet, he stopped kissing up her neck and deftly sunk his teeth into her soft skin. The action wouldn't be obvious to anyone other than me as it simply looked as though he was still kissing her neck, but I could instantly smell the difference.

After what seemed like an eternity, he drew up his head and subtly caught eyes with me, silently indicating for me to come closer. Here? Had he lost his mind? I pushed through the crowd and cautiously stepped closer to where they were both stood.

"Seriously?" I hissed up at him, eyes wide. "You're gonna kill this woman right here in the middle of the dancefloor?"

Luca continued to watch me for a long second before pulling his mouth fully away from the woman's neck and shooting a bemused look down at me. He wiped a drop of blood from his bottom lip and let out a breathy, condescending laugh. His mouth came close to my ear so I could hear him without having to shout. "Who said anything about killing her? Just have a little drink and I'll heal her right up again. It's time you lived a little."

I wearily took another step closer, feeling the ache in my chest at the smell of her warm blood so close to my lips. Licking my lips and already feeling lost in the all encompassing smell, I shot another worried look across at Luca. "What if people see?"

"Stop thinking about the consequences and just enjoy yourself." He shook his head with a disbelieving smile, lowering his mouth back to the side of her neck and taking another deep bite. I followed his lead and took a bite of my own, enjoying the taste and texture of the substance I'd been desperately craving for the last few days. It was worth the wait.

Luca was first to lift up his head, licking his lips with a satisfied grin that caused me to do the same

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Luca was first to lift up his head, licking his lips with a satisfied grin that caused me to do the same. He quickly healed the woman with a flick of his tongue over the seeping teeth marks, doing the same for the other side of her neck where I had just drank.

"Better?" He asked, cocking his head before pulling out the clear, plastic packet he'd acquired over at the bar. His face loomed in close to mine before popping a small pill onto the end of his tongue, daring me to take it from him. Without giving myself the chance to chicken out, I closed the gap between us and pressed my mouth to his. The kiss was brief and I swallowed the pill quickly, trying not to focus on how good the feel of his lips were, the warmth of his tongue against mine. I drew back once the purpose of our kiss had ended, afraid to explore anymore of the forbidden fruit before me.

Luca took a pill of his own and then quickly explained how it wouldn't last very long but the effects would be far greater. Everything was heightened for a survivor. Sex, food, music and definitely drugs. The pill was quick to kick in and suddenly the music was floating around me, its own lifeform. The beat was inside of me and my rapid heart was beating to the same rhythm. I continued to dance, losing myself to the heat and sound as it took over all my senses. I was vaguely aware of Luca just behind me, also lost to the music and grinning from ear to ear. Everything was swelteringly hot.