16 ❀ Salted Berries

SALTED BERRIES

SALTED BERRIES

00:16

**✿❀ ❀✿**

Y/N TRIED NOT TO HOLD GRUDGES, but it wasn't necessarily easy regarding Sophia Lillis. A coward. A coward who knew her part in the pain that caused Y/n and Finn. But still, she refused to acknowledge it.

Every ounce of morality was thrown out the window when she finally came face to face with the ginger.

The two were in the foyer; Y/n was checking on Abigail, who she knew was with Finn, thanks to Chosen. Sophia had her head down as if she was getting a terrible scolding while Y/n glared tightly with her arms crossed on her chest.

"What is it you want to give me?" Y/n raised her eyebrows; Sophia had just returned from her car to grab the gift for Y/n.

"It's a picture I found..." Sophia handed her the small box with a loose ribbon around it. "You can open it now." She sheepishly whispered, watching as Y/n cautiously opened the top while it lay on Sophia's hands.

"I gave the same one to Fin-"

A light gasp escaped Y/n's lips before she slammed her hand directly on the box, causing the frame's glass to shatter once it hit the floor.

"How dare you?" Y/n hissed, stepping forward to Sophia.

"You come to me saying you have a gift, and it's this?" Sophia's gaze diverted to the floor before looking back at Y/n in fear.

"Stop looking at me like that. I hate when you treat me like I'm crazy." Y/n felt her body heat up from the anger.

"She wants to remind you about what you did." The faceless voice whispered behind Y/n.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry..." Sophia trembled, "For what? For making me take the blame for something you caused?" Y/n inquired.

"It was easier for me to blame you for what happened." Sophia felt guilty; she did. She was leaving Y/n to take the fault for what she realistically created.

"And what? You thought I would forget and forgive, and we'll be friends again?" Y/n scoffed, "I guess you never change."

Finn entered the foyer to see all the commotion, only hearing what Y/n said; he quickly pointed out the irony in her statement.

"I guess you could say the same," Y/n turned around to see Finn, who was slightly closer than she expected him to be.

She stepped back, "You never really got out of your tendencies." Finn glanced at her hands, squeezing the life out of her cream-knitted purse.