5 Years Later.....

ARYA

Things had obviously changed, just as we thought they would. As far as  the fact that after Joshua and the rest of the guys the CIA and FBI have been wanting to take down, were able to put away. 

When all was over, including after both Gunner and I were finished testifying and giving our statements we needed to in court, we had a funeral for Ferris then Gunner got a promotion at work and helped out even more with his reputation in the organization. 

It took a few months before Gunner and I were fully recovered from our injuries and then went to testify. 

After all of that, Gunner and I were able to stay together and I didn't have to change my name or identity again. 

Now normally, I knew that it was against protocol to be together with an agent under the circumstances but somehow the universe and his boss made me an 'exception.'

We've done good for the last five years in trying to forget about what happened. We may never completely forget about it but have done really good in trying to move on and to help make that happen has been the fact that Gunner and I got married a year after everything had happened and we have now a three year old son that we named Ferris.

I couldn't have asked for a better life and even though we both had been through hell, we can't say we regret any of it because it's what brought us together into meeting each other. 

Right now we were heading over towards our friends that we met a couple of years ago through my job that started off as my clients and then after we were invited in going to their events, we also met their friends as well and became friends with them. 

Some of Gunner's friends in the organization, we have also been hanging out with as well. It was almost like we had started all over again. 

Our son is so much like Gunner and looks a lot like him as well and as cute as he is he is a handful for sure but thankfully Gunner is good at helping me out with him. 

I love seeing them together and start thinking about when he gets older the more he's going to look like his father and want to be like him and all those other cute phases that kids go through where they want to be like their father's and I couldn't wait to see what he would grow up to be. 

When we arrived at our friends house, Ferris immediately had been picked up by our friends husband and taken around like always to everybody and went to have their kids who were also around the same age as him as well to play as Gunner and I went around and socialized. 

I had always dreamed of doing things like this. Going to our friends house at a gathering and just live a somewhat normal life. 

A few hours into the gathering, I was talking with my friends and then felt two arms wrap around my waist and gives me a kiss on my neck and I kiss him back. 

"Hey baby." He says. 

"Hey." I smile at him. 

"Sorry but Ferris just threw up in the bathroom and says he isn't feeling too well." He tells me. 

"Aww. Poor thing." My friend comments. 

"I guess we need to leave." I tell her and the others. 

So after we say goodbye to everyone and grab Ferris, I couldn't help but sit in the back on the drive back home, buckled up of course as I also hold Ferris close to me and rests his head on my shoulder while I rub the top of his head. 

"My tummy huwrts." Ferris begins to moan while holding his stomach. 

"I know sweetie, we are almost home." I tell him before giving him a kiss on the top of his head. 

Once we pull up in the driveway and start to get out, Gunner came over and picked up Ferris then started carrying him inside the house and upstairs where we got him into his pajamas and then give him some medicine along with a wet wash cloth to put on his forehead. 

I sing him to sleep and then I go into our room where I notice Gunner is sitting in bed with his shirt off and is in nothing but his boxers. 

"I guess I need to catch up." I comment while checking him out. 

He looks at me and smiles while walking up to me and pulling me closer to him where he starts kissing me. 

"You're a great wife and mother." He comments. 

"And you're a great husband and father." I comment back as I throw my arms around his shoulders. 

"I love you." He tells me. 

"I love you too." I reply with a huge smile. 

We then begin kissing and we get so wrapped up in the moment and things quickly become heated that we forgot our door was still opened and start to hear Ferris say something at the door. 

Gunner and I quickly stopped and looked at Ferris.  Our poor baby boy, he looked so sick and was asking if he could sleep in the bed with me and Gunner tonight.

"Of course buddy." Gunner says and then Gunner gets Ferris all situated and grabs the trash can from Ferris' room we left for him by the bed then I placed a new wash cloth on his forehead as Gunner put on some sweatpants and a shirt then laid down on the other side of Ferris who faced me and wrapped his arm around me. 

"I wove you mom and dad." He says. 

"We love you too baby boy." We both tell him while I have my arm over him and Gunner starts rubbing his back then we look at each other before going to sleep and smile at each other then Gunner tells me we will pick up where we left off later. He then leaned over to give me a quick kiss and we all three fell asleep. 

Never thought I would have ever fallen for my Neighbor's friend but am so glad I did.

                                                              The End