Obsession 39

Caldrix

"We have no assurance how her noble gift works because she only used it once."

"Even before she became the queen, she kept on disturbing me about her noble gift. After several research and tests, I finally discovered it these past weeks. Cassiopeia knew it too because I told her everything she needs to know. She was aware of its nature and the consequences of using it," Lord Alexus explained.

"And even if you're certain about that thing, do you think Axel will choose to save you over Gresha? Not to mention, he is extremely loyal to me."

"I'm not pertaining to him. I'm talking about my eldest son, Axon Night."

I clearly remembered how our conversation went during our planning session between me, Gresha, Stacey, and Lord Alexus.

I fully hated the idea. If it's not for Gresha, I must've not allowed this to happen. Just the thought of Lucius biting the delicate skin of my mate is enough to make me crazy wild.

But Gresha urged me to go with this plan, and how can I object when she used her puppy eyes and kitty pout on me? Those are my weaknesses.

And since this shit already happened, and things went as what we have planned, I got no choice now but to take actions on my own. I will do what I deem necessary. I dont need other's permission, because a king does not comply, he demands. This time, I will be the one to control the momentum.

I reached the ground where I instructed my followers to gather together. The night is about to start, and so my wrath for my enemies.

"Haring Caldrix, hindi ka na ba talaga namin mapipigilan pa? Sa kaganapang ito, kailangan natin ng maiiging pagpaplano," Lord Alexus commented as he fixed his armor.

"I told you, you can stay here. You're a valuable figure and I can't afford to lose you. What you must do right now is to start planning a better political draft that we can use after we win this war," I replied and he just stared at me unbelievably.

"Listen, everyone." The place became silent in an instant as I spoke.

"Tonight, we will bring our verdicts to the enemies' lair. Your goal is to kill enemies as many as you can. Don't disappoint your king." They cheered after my short speech.

I hate talking, let actions do it.

As short as that, they acknowledged all my words. Of course, those words were mine, their only true king.

I studied the perimeter and I only saw few folks. These bunch are the most loyal to me, and to the kingdom. Lord Alexus Night, Kasandra Pole, and Fin Cuartes from the royal council. The other two betrayed us, I suppose.

And as I expected, no Elder is in sight. All of them took Lucius' side and that is the biggest mistake of their useless lives.

Ares, Axel, and Veronica who was eerily silent the whole time, lead my royal armies. All of them are on their battle suits. I gazed upon the magnificent aegis armor I made for Veronica and felt amazed how it perfectly suit her firm posture. Ares also carries his powerful spear on his back. Axel on the other hand, being as powerful pureblood as he is, looks simply bare and casual.

I also saw valuable allies who swore allegiance to our family. Gandal Harpon, a halfblood Night. Acher Brelus from an amazon tribe of vampires together with his companions. The twin Akira and Akihiro Peevil, mountain warrior vampires. Felvin Cuartes from an influential family. Martin, Medusa, and Maxus Blade, from the lineage of chief family of samurai vampires. Juris Lite and Zefar Craig, two ninja vampires. Kedan Knight and his soldiers from their group. Those are some notable figures I could see right now.