"Chris! Please..Don't bring Nish in all this" my father spoke hesitantly, regret clear in his voice.

"Why not Dad! He is the reason we all are here in this situation" Chris shouted. "He is why my sunshine turned into this husk of a person, he is why you are living with a guilt since two years, he is why Mom wakes up at night to go to Tamanna's room and cry.." his voice caught an edge and I can hear him cry.

"Whom are you all talking about?" Aunt Maya spoke horrifically. "Was there someone in your daughter's past Mr. Sehgal? Rajat, Are you listening to all this?" she turned her horror to her son.

"I told you that this girl is not normal. Why? Why are so determined in marrying her? First, you tell everyone that you are never ever going to marry, and then you go ahead and announce your engagement to the last girl in the world, I would want you to marry?"

"Enough!" Rajat shouted emphasizing the word, making me jump in his arms. A wave of silence went through the garden with his voice. He released me reluctantly and stood up to face the debacle.

"I am Rajat Singhania..and no one..NO ONE can dictate my life!" he spoke to his mother's face in a Don't-mess-with-me voice. "And I swear to God, if anyone speaks one word against my fiancé again..I will forget all the boundaries of our new family relation" he turned towards Chris, his eyes scorching with anger. The fear was evident on Chris's face by Rajat's very angry persona. "You all have spoken enough.." he addressed to my so-called family.

"May be it was okay for you all to abuse your daughter and sister publicly, until she belonged to your family..but now..now she is with me" he spoke with chilling finality. "And if anyone speaks to my future wife, the way you all were, ever again, I will ruin your lives".

He was breathing hard as he looked at the shocked faces including mine. I was awestruck by this man. No one have even stood up for me, the way he did today! He closed his eyes and released a long breath, may be to subdue his anger.

"I suggest we all do what we have gathered here for" his voice was stable now. How does he do that! "Mr. and Mrs. Sehgal, kindly finish your daughter's wedding, and Mom, please attend to our guests. You wouldn't want the Singhania name downgrading". Aunt Maya gave a sour look to his son but didn't reply and hastingly moved towards the Mandap, Raghav and Alisha in tow.

My Mom followed them too but my Dad joined his hands infront of Rajat, thanking him to get matters settled. Rajat just gave a tiny nod in acknowledgement. Chris and others reluctantly left the area too, leaving Rajat and me alone. He turned towards me, his eyes softening for me.

"Are you okay?" he asked softly but firmly. I was too exhausted and worn out to reply and frankly speaking, I was quite intimidated by this man and his concern for me at this moment. So I turned without replying and started walking.

I knew that he knew where I was going, and may be because I wanted him to follow me. For so long, my coping mechanism have been isolating myself, that I felt strange, that tonight..I didn't wanted him to leave me.

Rajat found me ten minutes later, sitting on the same spot since the last three nights. He silently placed himself across from me, leaning against the pillar, his eyes on the far way horizon. Although we could hear the far away sounds of laughter and chattering from where the wedding was in full fledgeness again, our soft breathing could be heard, merging together.

"How come you never ask me about my past?" I broke the silence, my voice hoarse from the earlier crying. I was looking at him, waiting for his reply but his eyes were fixed on the horizon. He released a long sigh and turned to look into my eyes.

"Cuz..it's your story to tell" he shrugged. "I knew that your past have a huge contribution in making you, what you are today. But I would never want you to relive those moments if you don't want to. I am waiting for the day you trust me enough to tell me voluntarily".

"Did you trust me enough..when you relayed your story to me?" I asked, touched by his reply.

His lips lifted from sides and he shook his head amusingly. I was confused by his reaction. "What?"

"You know Tamanna..I never contemplated that this wedding was going to be such a life changing experience for me when I boarded that flight to come here" he spoke bemused.

"You tell me" I found myself smiling, something that felt impossible few minutes ago.

"To answer your question.." he lifted his eyes giving a dramatic pause. "I do trust you enough". Oh my!

"Why?" I asked genuinely curious for this.

"I wish I knew" he shrugged. I sighed and turned to face the vista. He trusts me! And I think..after today..I trust him too!

"That day..you told me you are a good listener" I spoke without turning to him. "Is it still applicable?"

I turned to look at him and he nodded, completely understanding the reason of my enquiry. I took a deep breath to prepare myself to relive the no-go areas of my past. Even my family did not know about this phase of my life. But to tell Rajat about it, seemed the right thing to do.

I never once allowed myself in the last five years to go back to the nineteen year old Tamanna, but it seemed compulsory to do it now infront of this man. I don't know if I will be able to return once I enter that zone, but it was too late to turn back.

_______________________________________________________________________________

END OF PART 1