The Dinner

They say it's a small world. Well! Ask me! Mr. Brown eyes equals Mr. Nosey equals Alisha's brother-in-law. Seriously!

"Di! Meet Rajat Singhania. Raghav's elder brother" Alisha came in front introducing us. "Rajat Bhaiya! Meet my sister Tamanna".

"Hello Tamanna!" he extended his hand towards me. He had the same irritating amusement in his eyes. I realized I was taking more time to speak than necessary.

"Umm...Hi!" I finally found my voice and managed a shaky handshake. Relax Tam!

"Wow! When you told me you had a sister Alisha, I thought her to be something like you" I noticed his ascent was a bit different than most Indians.

"Well! As they say. No two persons are alike Mr. Singhania" I replied curtly. Who's he to judge our likeness! "And anyways it must not matter to you what am like. It's my sister that will be going to live with your family".

"Di!" Alisha snapped. "Sorry bhaiya! I guess Di have a peculiar sense of humour"

"Indeed!" I heard him mutter under his breath. "So! Shall we?" he announced to no one in particular.

"Ya! Let's go!" Raghav said and shoved my sister along with him inside the hotel.

"It's seems we will have to bother each other for a slight longer" Rajat spoke from behind me. He waved his hand for me to move forward. "After you." There was a permanent smirk on his face and it took me all the resistance, not to punch him at his face.

As we entered the grand lobby of the five star, a person moved towards us, all moony eyed on Mr. Nosey.

"Good evening Mr.Singhania! How was your flight?" he smiled as they do in a toothpaste advertisement. However Mr. Singhania apparently didn't share the same excitement. He was more business-like in his behaviour.

"Oh it was tiring as usual. But your staff took good care of me in your absence." Oh! So Mr. Nosey have been staying in this hotel. No wonder he was roaming around its precincts.

"I apologise Mr.Singhania for not being personally present for your services. An important business held me but now I am all yours" the person who was seemingly the manager of the hotel, grinned. The fakeness of his voice brought a low chuckle from me.

Both the men turned towards me eyeing me, black ones with a scowl and brown ones with bemused curiosity.

"Well! If we are done determining the worthiness of the hospitality of your hotel Mr. Manager, can we please move on? I am starving here" I spoke with unattainable authority. After all I am the guest of his Mr. Singhania. Aren't I!

"Of course Miss..!" the fake smile returned.

"How does it matter what Miss I am. It's your Mr. Singhania who will be paying the bill after all"

This time it was Mr. Singhania who chuckled and apparently came to Mr. Manager's rescue.

"That will be all for now, Mr. Bose" he curtly dismissed the manager.

"Sure Sir! If you need anything else, kindly let me know" and with that infinitely plastered smile, he retreated.

"He was just doing his job" Mr. Singhania turned towards me a bit seriously. What! Now will he lecture me!

"Ohh please! That man was fakeness personified! This is not the definition of doing their job" I snapped back. No one ever tells me how to behave. "And you are no one to lecture me upon this. Can we move now!"

He sighed and signaled towards the way to the restaurant. The restaurant was even grander than the lobby area with a huge hallway perched with royal looking furniture. Huge chandeliers hung from the ceiling and the seats were of red velvet. Alisha sat on one of the four seater dinner area but Raghav was nowhere in sight. We moved towards the table and I instantly perched myself beside Alisha. Mr. Singhania took the chair on the opposite side. In the meantime, Raghav came in seemingly dissatisfied by the seating arrangement but anyway, sat beside his brother. Whatever! No way was I going to sit beside Mr. Nosey!