"Hush..It's ok Tamanna" he whispers soothingly in my ears and I cry even louder into his shoulders. "I am here now..I won't let anything happen to you" he continues softly. I know it is not in his hands to protect me, but right now, I can believe anything coming out of this man's mouth.

I can feel around fifty pairs of eyes boring holes at our backs, but I didn't care and I think even Rajat doesn't, until a shrill voice breaks the silence.

"Rajat..What are you doing?" Rajat's mother emerges from the crowd looking down at us with disgust. "Didn't you see what this girl did to Ravi? You are still comforting her"

"Relax Mom!" Rajat speaks in a firm and confident voice, his right hand holding me tightly against him and left hand stroking my back tenderly. "Everything is in control now. I have checked with the paramedics. Ravi will be fine. You go and take all the guests to complete the remaining rituals"

"Control? You call this control" his mother was shocked by his son's casualness. "This girl stabbed Ravi. Stabbed! She is a mental patient and a drug addict. Do you still want to marry her?" the horror in asking this question evident on her face.

"Can't we talk about this later, Mom!" Rajat was getting irritated. "Right now we should focus on Raghav's wedding. So just Go and finish the customs"

"No!" his mother was not buying his distractions. "You need to decide now! I can't let you marry this embarrassment of a girl. Her own family doesn't want her. Think about our reputation son!" she was sounding desperate now!

"Mom!" he spoke in his no nonsense voice. "Whom I want to marry is none of anyone's concern. It is solely my decision."

All throughout this debacle, my face was guarded in the crook of his neck and I was sobbing softly.

"For gods sake, anyone please instil some wisdom in my son's thick brain.." she huffed and turned towards my father. "Mr. Sehgal..you know your daughter's mental health! Will you want a sane person like my son to marry her and ruin his life?" she asked accusingly. Dad's voice rang in my ears.

"Mr. Singhania...I think you should reassess your decision to marry her" his voice low and pleading. " Our lives have already been ruined due to her habits. We wouldn't want our daughter's new family suffering due to our other daughter's shortcomings".

His comment hurts me far more than Aunt Maya's harsh words and I sob loudly, tightening my hold on Rajat. Rajat held me even tighter before speaking.

"I appreciate your concern for my well being Mr. Sehgal but as I said...I and Tamanna, both are consenting adults and can decide whoever we want to marry. And I want to marry your daughter" he spoke firmly and for the first time I lifted my head to look into his brown eyes.This man! Who has known me for a total of four days is willing to fight everyone for me! I was scared by the care and tenderness, I could see in his eyes for me.

"You are making a huge mistake, Rajat Bhaiya!" Chris spoke maliciously. "She is a selfish and adamant girl who doesn't care and love anyone but herself. Whatever she has told you to convince you to marry her, its all a lie, trust me! It's what she always does..manipulate people to get her job done" he huffed sarcastically.

"Chris..How dare you?" my sister stood up yet again for me. "Don't forget that you are speaking about our elder sister".

"She is NOT my sister!" he literally shouted those words. "not for a long time now. I stopped considering her my sister, the day she left me to die for that piece of trash she brought from that orphanage"

My head jerked and I turned abruptly in Rajat's arms to look at my brother. So much hatred for a dead boy! I am so sorry Nish! Tears were pooling down in full speed of my face.