36.

(Unedited)

That's it?! Just it?" Your eyes lose its spark immediately as he ends the sentence.

"Yes." He simply replies.

Your grab your hair in confusion and ruffle it. "What? I'm getting more curious than you. How can she just leave you hanging like that?" You whine, dying to know more but not wanting to sound inquisitive.

"Well actually she told me one more thing." he says, his words grabbing your attention immediately.

"She told me to meet my father."

"Your father? Why?" you ask in curiosity, ignoring the fact that you sounded nosy.

"I guess my father's gonna fill up the blank space." he taps his chin with his index finger.

"Oh...that's great then. It means at least you'll not be left hanging." You sighed in relief.

The black haired man says nothing but continues to look down at his legs and delve deeper in his thoughts. Thinking of the possibilities of why his mom abandoned him in an orphanage if she was still alive.

You notice his demeanor and place a hand on his knee. "Hey," he looks up at you, snapping back to reality. "I'm sorry that I let you touch such a deep part of your life but Taehyung you don't know how much it means to me that you shared your past with me. A dark one to be honest. Thank you for trusting me."

He smiles genuinely at that and places his hand on top of yours. "Don't be. I'm fine just a bit confused."

Taehyung suddenly feels the vibration of his phone inside his pocket as his device starts ringing.

He reaches inside his pocket and pulls out the phone and looks at the caller ID making his breath hitch.

"Hello?"

"Son..it's me." Taehyung's father speaks out from the other line.

Taehyung falls silent at the voice of his father. He hadn't heard from his father in three months. It felt weird. The black haired man looks up at you and whispers out -"Hi dad."

You stop breathing but give him a thumbs up wishing him luck.

"I think your mother might have informed you yesterday." He says calmly as Taehyung hears voices from across the line.

"Uhh..yes dad. She did. When do you want to meet up?" Taehyung tried to sound as casual as possible and not act as if they finally contacted after three months.

"Now. I'll be busy this week so its best if we talk it out today. Right now." His father says sternly.

"Now?" Taehyung looks at you and by seeing your face realizes that you were hearing the conversation quite clearly.

"Yes Taehyung. I guess you are not busy right?" He asks.

The man looks at you again. Your eyes widens and you smile at him, shaking your head in a its-okay-I-don't-mind gesture.

He raises his brow at you as you roll your eyes and show an 'ok' sign.

"Son? You still there?" Taehyung snaps back to the ongoing phone call.

"Yeah.. Dad. Ugh..I'm not busy. I'll be there in 10 minutes."

"Very well..I'll be waiting." Saying that the phone call ends and falls silent.

Taehyung sighs and pulls the phone down slowly before putting it inside his pocket again.

"Your father sounds..." You trail off, thinking of what to say. "-young." You finish not getting what else to say.