I inhaled sharply.

I couldn't go downstairs for dinner, how would I manage to eat fully aware the situation at hand. Wura must have prepared dinner but I'd rather cooked for my boys.

I heard a knock on my door and I muttered a quiet come in.  It must be dad so I sat upright and leaned my back against the dash board. I guessed he came here to talk. It was Adrian instead . He was wearing a plain blue polo and denim jeans and as usual his headphone was hanging on his shoulder. He was carrying a tray with a plate of pasta and orange juice. He's so sweet.

"Ada you didn't come down for dinner" he said placing the tray on the bed in front of me,

he preferred calling me 'Ada' he said it was a sign of respect as the first daughter besides we were yet to understand why mum and dad named me April, weird right?

"I don't have appetite" I said pouting so that he would cuddle me, I would enjoy this while it lasted.

"Ada, I understand what you are going through right now, but you don't have to starve yourself"

he said genuinely scooping some pasta with the fork and fed me. I accepted reluctantly because arguing with Adrian was  a waste of energy. I had to reserve mine because it would be of great use later.

"How can someone plan a wedding in a week's time? Who does he think he is?" Adrian said obviously irritated and gave a loud hiss.

" My search revealed him to be a business tycoon, 26 and wealthy but his force behind this marriage is questionable" my throat suddenly felt dry and I swallowed the lump forming there.

"Junior I am scared about the age difference. What if he hurts me?" I ask with a worried expression.

"If he tries it ehh, I will deal with him. He should not forget that you have a brother" he said with a straight face clearly concentrated on feeding me as if it we're the most interesting thing to do. I couldn't help but admire his courage but chuckled lightly.

I ended up eating a reasonable quantity though I didn't finish it before he left the room.

I sent a voice note to my best friend, Irene. I narrated everything to her not mincing words and I told her to come over to the house tomorrow. I needed someone apart from Dad and Adrian to talk to.

Irene and I have been friends since diaper days, Mrs Allen and mum where very good friends until mum passed away but that didn't change anything. The family relationship continued.

Irene also applied for UI(university of Ibadan) to study Anatomy. We had planned to be roommates considering the fact that settling in a new environment is kinda hard for me. I wasn't prepared for any room mate that will cause me extra stress apart from that of the university. I loved to keep my sanity because some room mates would push you to it.

~°~

The following morning, dad called me to his study and  I was glad he did because we have not spoken properly after he broke the news to me. I took a quick shower and a wore a jean bomber shot and black singlet. I packed my braids in a tight bun and applied lip gloss.

I had an uncanny feeling as I walked to his study. I know he feels way to bad to sell off his treasured asset but I can handle this.

I always have!

I gave a slight knock when I got there and entered after hearing a faint 'come in'. Dad's study was very large that five beds could fit in easily without much effort. His table was sited at the center in a circular shape. The wall had paintings of ash and cream colors on it. His book shelves were located opposite each other just beside the table. A window with a
clear view of the garden was fixed on the wall opposite the door. The air condition brushed my skin as I took slow steps towards the visitor's chair and settled on it.