♡༉ n.

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -

"God, it's awful actually, you know. I have been single for too long & I need some action, Elaine." Deeley whispered in a dramatic way as I laughed, taking a bite of the chocolate chip cupcake.

"Hey, want me to hook you up with one of my friends?" I winked at her as her eyebrows shot up in surprise.

"That's my girl!"

I laughed, shrugging, my mind half concentrated on the chocolate chip and half concentrated on you sitting right there with us, a mischievous smile on your face.

"Hey, don't go kicking me out of the conversation, girls." You interrupted, taking a sip of your coffee.

"We don't include guys with clown faces in our conversations." I teased, finishing the rest of my cupcake.

"Mean." You said, resting your hand on your heart, a mask of mock pain on your face.

"C'mon! I am really sweet."

"She is very sweet, I agree with her, Kay." Deeley added in and we high fived.

"Well, if that's the case, I am tempted to have a taste of you."

All the words that usually danced on the tip of my tongue seemed to die as soon as you said those words. I gaped at you for a second before I cleared my throat.

"What?" You mumbled as both Deeley and I looked at you,"I like sweet and you're sweet, so.."

"The sexual tension," Deeley mumbled, slurping on her slushie, "Between you two," Another slurp,"Is totally cray."

"Well.." I continued, a small smirk on my lips. Internally, I was two minutes away from passing out.

You looked at me amusingly, tilting your head slightly in my direction as Deeley's eyes darred between the two of us,"Well..?"

"Aye, Elaine come on, let him have a taste of you." Deeley grinned, giving you a mock salute. "Got your back here, brother."

"See? Even Deeley agrees."

"Ha, sit down kid, you still have to go a long way to have a taste of me." I gave you a wry smile, while I actually was a puddle of nervousness and excitement inside.

"Hm, where do you want me to sit?" You asked, your mouth twisting into a smirk,"Or wait, do you wanna sit on me? I think I would like that."

"Woah woah, are you two gonna get it on here? Wait, let me get the camera first!" Deeley laughed, and both of us joined in her laughter.

We finally reached our house, the car ride full of laughter as Deeley talked about this annoying guy in her class.

"And this is me."

"Yeah, I had a great time hanging out with you and Deeley."

"Yeah, it was really fun. The cafe was great, we should meet there more often."

You nodded in agreement and then we settled in silence, none of us moving a limb.

"I should get going, yeah?"

"Yeah." You breathed out, tucking your bottom lip in once and my eyes snapped to your lips.

Sticking out my tongue slightly, I licked my dry lips instinctively as well.

You noticed.

You leaned in and so did I, until our
faces were so near that one more lean and we would be kissing.

I was nervous, very nervous. What if this was just a heat of the moment thing and what if you regretted it the next day? What if it affected our friendship? I couldn't afford to lose you.

"I should go." I whispered as soon as you leaned in slightly more.

You pulled back as soon as you heard my words, a look of hurt flashing across your face for a second before it went away as quickly as it came.

"Yeah, you should."

I jumped out quickly and walked towards my house, my heart beating faster than ever as I looked back at you and you stared right back, gave me a small smile and drove off.

I cursed out aloud. So much for being the girl with pickup lines up her sleeves. I couldn't utter a single word when you flirted.

But damn did it feel good even when I was the one being speechless.

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -