The waiter interrupted them and Yusra was thankful for it. She looked around the place, noting the bright lighting around the place. They were seated in the private section of the restaurant, away from the prying eyes and Islah felt that his woman was happy about it. Then he remembered what happened in the car and continued grinning. 

"Orders guys" Iravat told them and they called out whatever they wanted to eat.

-

Yusra only avoided eye contact with all of them, either looking around the place or at herself. She played with her watch and Islah eyed her with a smile. I almost told her. Almost. AAHHHH! She is so cute when she is embarrassed!

"Islah?" Islah's thoughts were broken by Rabail's interruption. He tuned to her and she raised an eyebrow.

"Something I am missing here?" she questioned and Islah rolled his eyes. Right. As if she didn't know already. Knowing Iravat, he has already told her everything.

"Nothing Rabail. How has your few days here, been?" Islah questioned and Rabail's face immediately lit up with passion and enthusiasm.

"Amazing. I love this place. It's better than the boring office back home" she told him and he laughed. Perhaps being with Iravat is better than being alone.

"Irav, which program are you mastering in?" Yusra asked, all attention shifting to Iravat. He looked up to meet her eyes with a smile.

"Physics for now. I am working as a TA with Professor Abideen by the way" Iravat informed her and she grinned.

"I heard from Islah. It's interesting for someone who doesn't get physics" she teased him causing Iravat to blush slightly. Rabail rolled her eyes at his blushing.

"It's physics and maths actually. He is more of a mathematician than physic-ian?" Rabail replied, hanging up on the last word because she did not know the word, physicist. Her words earned a round of laughter from the brothers before Iravat sobered up and explained the word to her. Islah turned to the woman in front of him, watching her watch Rabail and Iravat with keen interest. What is so interesting about them that's not in me?

He picked up his phone to message her that when he realized he did not have her number. Ah way to go my hero. You don't have her number! He sighed and placed his phone on the table before going back to watching Yusra be..... Yusra.

Their food arrived and everyone immediately began eating as though they were starved children. Which perhaps they were considering each of them were busy in their own ways to even bother with food.

"So Yusra," Rabail began, placing her fork down on the plate and turning to Yusra. "What are you majoring in?"

Yusra thought for a while, chewing the food in her mouth.

"Cyber security and programming" she replied and Rabail nodded at her.

"That is actually nice. You thought of where you'll apply after internship?" Yusra looked up and met Islah's eyes. Say with me. Stay with me. She turned to Rabail with a smile.

"If my internship goes well, probably A & X. Inc." she replied and Islah's face broke into a wide grin. Rabail glanced from Yusra to him with a teasing smirk.

"Stop grinning so much, your teeth will fall off" Rabail said. Her comment did not faze Islah at all, though. Instead, he grinned even more (if it was possible). His phone ringing snapped him out of his moment and he picked it up. It was his mother.

"As salaam alaikum, mum"

"Wa alaikum mus salaam, Islah. Where is your brother? I have been trying to reach him for a while now!" Lila did not sound calm when she spoke and Islah glanced at his brother calmly eating dinner.

"Uh he is with us. We are having dinner. What happened?"

"He and Rabail were supposed to be home hours ago!" Islah rolled his eyes at his mothers dramatic mannerisms.

"I know mum. Calm down."

"Don't tell me to calm down! I have been calling the two of them for hours to end. I thought something happened. We expected the two to be home by six but its well over eight and no sign of them or you" his mother was speaking in Arabic now which only meant she was fuming.

"Ah yes mum. I know. I am sorry about it. We will be home in another hour or so, I promise" he replied in rapid Arabic. Yusra halted eating when he began speaking Arabic. Her eyes widened and she stared at him in awe. Islah caught her eye and stared back. Did she understand Arabic? What is she thinking? About me? Probably not. As he stared at her, he realized he had tuned his mother out until she heard him huff.

"Yes mum. I get it. I promise we will be there soon. Bye. Take care. Love you" he replied rapidly in Arabic, his eyes not leaving hers. He watched her eyes widen and her lips curl into a smile. So beautiful. He hung up and placed his phone on the table before continuing to eat as Yusra did.

"Mum wants us home in an hour" Islah informed Iravat and Rabail who nodded back. Yusra checked the time on her wrist watch and nodded anyway. She needed to be home too.

"Will you be able to drop me?" she asked him, finishing up her food. Islah nodded at her. He then stood up to head to the counter to pay. Yusra followed him suite. He glanced at her figure following him and smiled.

"Why don't you do something about the two?" she asked him and he raised an eyebrow at her. By now, the two were walking in sync.

"Do what?"

"I don't know. Talk to your parents or something. They are clearly in love, Islah" Ahhh, the way she says my name, Wallahi!

"I can try. I mean what if mum asks me why?"

"Tell her she is a nice woman and frankly, they would be amazing together" Islah laughed at her answer. Amazing together? My mother will need more than that. If I speak about the two, I will have to come clean about their story and love for each other. I don't want to be the one telling his story. It needs to be him. Islah leaned at the counter up ahead and a man walked over to them.

"Islah Reza-Ibrahim" he told him and the man nodded, handing him the bill book. Islah opened it, looked at the total and handed his card over. Yusra held out her card too and Islah slapped her hands lightly. Yusra glowered at him, rubbing her slightly stinging hand.

"I am paying"

"But I can pay"

"I know. But it's my treat."

"Iravat?"

"He shall pay for their meal" he replied, taking the EFPOS and punching the pin code in. He pressed enter and waited. He then pulled out his receipt before taking his card and thanking the man.

"Lets go, my lady" he said and Yusra blushed furiously.

***

I heartily apologize for no update on Friday. I got a little sick. 

YOUR COMMENTS ARE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Thank you for making me smile! 

| R - C - V |

xx,

-Aalihha.