3- Comfort

// Rantaro POV //

We sit down on the sand, and I ask, "So you really don't remember anything?"

Shuichi shakes his head.

"Where do you sleep?" I question.

"I don't ever really feel the need to sleep, and I've been staying around this area. I don't need to eat or drink either. I don't think I could if I tried," he says, tearing up.

I put my arm around him, which causes him to jump a little, but he accepts it, and leans against me.

"We're going to figure this out, I promise," I say, and he smiles.

After a while of sitting like that, it's gotten a little dark.

"Would you like to come with me to my apartment? It's getting late," I offer.

"A-are you sure? I mean yeah, that would be nice, but..." he trails off.

"Yeah, it's completely fine!" I reassure him.

"O-ok! Thank you," he replies.

"No problem," I say, and then I stand up, and I show him the way back to my apartment.

It's a pretty nice apartment, but it gets a bit lonely. I switch the lights on and take off my shoes. He does the same, though he doesn't need to. It's nice of him to do that, though. I show him around, and then we get to my room.

"It's a one-bedroom apartment, so I can sleep on the couch," I say.

He shakes his head and says, "It's ok, I don't need to sleep, remember?"

"But wouldn't it be nice to get some rest, even if you don't really need it? Just to like, relax, I guess?" I respond.

"I guess that's true, but I can sleep on the floor or the couch," Shuichi replies.

"My apartment, my rules. I'm sleeping on the couch," I state.

"Fine, you win," he says with a thankful smile. I smile back.

//Shuichi POV//

His smile is comforting, and makes me feel a sense of happiness in all of this confusion.

"Let me know if you need anything else. Good night, Shuichi," Rantaro says, then shuts the door.

I lay on his bed, and pull the covers over myself. It's warm, and it smells like him. Before I know it, I fall into a deep, relaxing sleep.

"Shuichi!" a familiar voice calls. Who is that?
"Shuichiii! We're going to be late!" the voice calls again. Suddenly, I can see, and in front of me is a white-haired boy with teal eyes. Kiibo. My best friend Kiibo!
"I'm coming!" I hear myself shout back, but I didn't say that. It's like I'm watching a movie. Is this... a memory?

The me in the memory runs over to Kiibo, and I watch as the two of us were walking together to... a building. Hope's Peak! I remember now. It was my first day of my freshman year in college.

I wake up. It was a dream. But I know it was real. That was a memory of mine!

I look at Rantaro's digital clock next to his bed. It's already 9:15 AM.

I exit his room and walk into the kitchen, where he is sitting at the table, eating cereal.

"'Morning, Shuichi!" he chimes.

"Good morning," I say back with a smile. Then I remember the memory.

"By the way, Rantaro! I remembered something!"

He looks up at me with surprise.

"What did you remember?" He asks.

I tell him about my best friend, Kiibo, and Hope's Peak private college. He looks shocked.

"What..?" I ask.

"I know that guy! I go to Hope's Peak!" he practically shouts with excitement.

"Really!?" I shout.

"Yeah, my friend Kokichi was talking about him," Rantaro continues, "I could talk to Kokichi, and we could meet up with Kiibo! Then maybe we could figure this whole thing out!"

//Rantaro POV//

Shuichi smiles, nods his head, and says, "Let's do that today, if you have time!"

"Of course I do, it's the weekend. I can get my homework done later," I respond.

I text Kokichi in the group chat.

        9:21 AM

AvocadoBoii:  guys guys guys guys

Kayayday: what's up?

OhShitARat: ugggh you guys woke me up!!! >:(((

LuminaryOfTheStars: Kokichi, it's your fault for sleeping in so late

OhShitARat: It's not even that late! whatever. What did u want, Rantaro?

AvacadoBoii: Kokichi, do you by chance have Kiibo's number or anything?

OhShitARat: Sadly, I don't. But you better not be thinking about hitting on my man!!!

Miuwu Iruwuma: You guys are annoying. Except Kaede.

NeoAikidoMasterr: rude.

I chuckle a bit and put my phone away.

"Sorry, I don't have any way to contact Kiibo," I say, disappointed.

"That's ok, maybe I'll remember more later," Shuichi replies.

"Do you want to go somewhere for now? Just to relax," I ask.

"S-sure!" Shuichi chimes.

So I get changed into a black t-shirt and jeans. I slip on my black vans, and Shuichi puts on his worn black converse, and we head out.

A/N: I hope anyone who reads this is enjoying so far!

have a nice evening/afternoon/morning/night!! :3