12

Syd's pov:

I sat here in the hospital's waiting room with Stan. Dina wouldve been here too but she moved after her boyfriend Brad's sudden disapperance.
I guess it was too much for her that he was gone. He's gone for a different reason than Dina thinks.

(Remember in one of the chapters i wrote that syd and y/n's mentor aka syds "dad" (but not really her dad) from another timeline had erased everyone's memories of what happened that night at the dance and cleaned everything and got rid of the evidence so it's like it never happened no one remembers it)

Stan of course did a lot of "research" (and by research, I mean reading comics but it's the closest thing to our situation so.. why not.) on how to try and help y/n heal but there's nothing we can do (a/n: for now lol) but just sit and wait. Y/n's strong so she'll make it through this, like last time. I just worry that maybe she'll use her power too much and too long that it takes a toll on her and she won't heal at all.

Since Brad well "disappeared" school has been out for a month since then and there's an investigation. I also burned my diary so no one could ever read it.

Y/n's in critical condition and I've tried using my powers to help. If I can use them to make people's heads explode maybe I can heal people too I mean, who knows?

Stan and I sat in the room y/n's in and they say she's in a coma but I can feel she's improving, I don't know how, I just can. Of course, Stan being Stan he kept telling y/n about bloodwitch and other things they seemed to share an interest in, comics being one of her interests too.

I kept fiddling my thumbs trying to relax. It's been a few weeks after our "superhero mission" and we've been coming here everyday to be with her.

Just stay calm Syd..

She'll be okay..

But if she isn't?!

No, don't think like that!

I focused on her. She's so fragile looking and pale. It makes me so so sad.

"If only it was me and not her." I sighed.

"Syd, don't talk like that! But, I feel the same way too.. but I don't think we could've done anything else.."

He buried his nose again in one of his comics reading about a hero who had been badly hurt after a mission or something.

"How can you possibly read right now?! I mean look at y/n! Look at her! She-" I couldn't speak anymore. Shit! I can't do anything about this!

"Syd" he spoke softly placing a hand on my shoulder in an attempt to comfort me, but I couldn't look at him.

"We have to try and stay positive. I know it's impossible but these comics can help, It's the only thing we've got. Y/n doesn't want us upset like this."

"Do.. you really think something in one of those comics could be the answer?" I found the strength to speak again avoiding his eyes. I've got to stay calm.

"Yes, It sounds dumb but I do.."

"Well then, Stanley Barber, lets do some reading. I mean what else can we do right now? We might find the answer.." I said, keeping y/n in my mind.

I don't know if this works but if you can hear me say something please y/n. I thought to her in my mind. Maybe she might have telepathy or something? I mean we have powers.. she might have more than one.

I'll try anything at this point.. I just want her to be okay, to see her smile at me, laugh at one of Stan's lame jokes, to look at me and tell me she loves me. I miss her.

I gently walked over to her and held her hand which was a little cold, her heartbeat still faint but there..

"We're trying everything and we won't give up.. but you need to try to wake up, I know you are. You're so strong y/n. You'll be okay, I know it." I smiled at her, tears in my eyes.

With the other free hand I moved some hair that gently fell on her face away from her eyes. I gently squeezed her hand.

"I love you so much."

Her heartbeat began to beat a bit faster.

She'll be okay, I know it.

A/n: Hopefully i've explained the things that might confuse some but idk please comment. Hope u enjoy so far, more to come soon! Thank you!