9

We killed someone. If we hadn't I don't know what would've happened.. I feel bad but I was in danger Syd could've been too.. and someone could've seen us use our powers. Fuck. I've never.. killed someone before and I didn't do it on purpose. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

(Sorry for the cussing lol)

I felt Syd gently hold my face in her hands as we sat in Stan's room, all of us.

"I've never.. He's dead" I couldn't even really talk especially with the lump in my throat as more tears threatened to arrive.

"Hey.. I know. But he was going to do who knows what to you, I'll never let anyone hurt you if I can do something about it. We didn't mean to kill him, the squirrel technically did it because I just made it fall on him but I feel bad too. It's gonna be okay though.."

"Syd we can't be killers.. we aren't."

"I know. We're not. We've just gotta be in control more and we will be.. I promise." She smiled at me, I couldn't help but wipe my face as I smiled back. She's just so amazing.

"She's right! With me as your mentor now it'll all be okay!" Stan said and did a superhero pose with his fist resting on his sides and tried to look heroic.

I felt myself hold back a laugh.

"Sure, Mr. Superhero. I trust you." He gave me a dramatic thumbs up and I heard Syd laugh.

"You're lame."

"Riiiiight. I'm your best friend, Syd." He stated.

I ended up getting a vision. Hmm fuck but at least I can do something about them, we can.

It was Evil Stan and Stupid Bitch I think were their names but they broke out of I guess supervillian alternate timeline prison and came to our timeline again and they mind controlled me.

I heard one of them speak.

The only way you can save her is if you join us.

I saw mind controlled me using my powers to reverse anything bad happening to the bad guys and watching as there was nothing else I could do, when they tortured Syd and other people, Stan too. As Syd was stuck in a cage and was trying to break out and stop what they were doing to me as she was sobbing and screaming and bleeding and being beaten.

Join us, y/n.

I jumped and the vision ended.

"Woah, y/n! You get another vision?"

I didn't say anything. The way I felt now, I was terrified, and I felt so cold.

I looked away from them.

"I don't wanna talk about it right now."

Dumb, I know I should.

It's just, the way they looked, so evil and the people they were hurting. I can't get it out of my mind that Syd was one of them..

Should I join them? Really?

No.. I can't do that. We have to stop them we-

"Y/n!" I felt Syd hug me.

"Please look at me.. what'd you see?"

"Y-you.. they came back. Evil Stan and-" Air suddenly left me for a moment so I breathed in.

"Evil Stan and Stupid Bitch?! You know we should have a better name for them.."

Even though Syd had pulled me gently into her, I still felt cold and my heart rate wouldn't stop going up.

After I had calmed down, I told them what I saw.

"There's no way, you're joining them right?"

"Obviously not.. but.. if I make them think I am, then we can destroy them from the inside."

"But he mind controlled you."

"Well maybe they have something so they don't accidentally mind control the other person. Think about it."

"What so we're doing this with only the hope of them having something like that?!"

"Syd, if anything goes bad.. you can stop me. You know, one time, your dad in an alternate timeline told me that you had to do it before, because I was evil in another timeline I guess.." I gave her his little micro chip thing.

"Put this on my arm and it'll sink into my skin. It responds to a secret word. Pizza."

I heard Stan giggle. Syd looked at him with a really Stan? type look.

"Dumb I know. But anyone anywhere likes pizza so they'll be look oh, Pizza's here.."

"Will it k-kill you y/n..?" She couldn't even really think of kill and y/n being in the same sentence.

"No. Just stop my powers for a while. By then the evil me was stopped.." I tried to smile, but failed. How evil me was stopped I didn't wanna say. Even though it was a different Syd and I it hurts thinking about what that Syd had to do to save her timeline..

"How? Did that Syd kill that y/n?" Stan had to ask. Way to go Stan..

I didn't look at them.

"I-it doesn't matter. This chip can't kill me. Only someone that any y/n in any timeline cares about can stop her even if she went evil. Same with any Syd from any timeline. Anyone's real weakness are the ones that they care about."

"Syd.. if you have to kill me-"

"No! I won't! I won't have to and you're not evil! You couldn't ever really be! You're nice and sweet and shy and caring and anytime you even step on an ant you feel bad about it! You wouldn't ever-" she couldn't continue and started crying at the thought.

I quickly hugged her. It always hurts me when she's hurting. I started to cry too and she held me tight.

"I can't let you do this.. you can reverse time and-"

"I can't reverse that far back.. I saw a date on a calender they got out a week ago, they only just get here in a few days, Syd.."

"No. No. No." She was starting to have a panic attack.

"I can't lose you! I can't! I love you! Just when things were going to be okay.."

Things around us began shaking and I kissed her in hopes to relax her a bit..

"Syd, honey. We have to do this.. we're superheroes. It's gonna be okay. I promise and?" I asked waiting for her to finish.

"We never break a promise.." she said reluctantly and then slowly smiled at me.

"This'll be fine guys! Uh but I guess you'll have to go on a super secret awesome bad guy fighting mission without me.."

"Without Stanley Barber? The guy who knows everything about comic books and superheroes and bloodwitch and has amazing style?"

He smiled.

"Thank you."

"Yeah, we'll need you.." Syd smiled.

"Hands in.."

They gave me a really y/n? look.

"what? It's what everyone does before a big thing.."

They put their hands on mine.

"Stop the assholes on three!"

"1" I started.

"2" Syd continued.

"3" Stan finished the count.

"Stop the assholes!" We cheered. Trying to get ourselves ready for this..

Stan and Syd began to laugh at the cheer name.