Chapter 12

Camille's POV

We were laying on the couch peacefully naked, Christian held me close to him, stroking my spine up and down. It felt soothing.

"Did you get your lunch?" He asked out of the blue.

I looked up at his face, "No."

"Let's go, I'm starving." He pulled himself up, I got up in process. We just had 5 more minutes for the lunch hour to end.

He started getting dressed, so did I, as if he could read my mind he said, "I think I can spare my secretary an extra lunch hour for being so sincere and efficient." Christian pulled me back into his arms and kissed me. "At both work and pleasure."

I couldn't help but chuckle, "Yeah I guess I do deserve an extra hour since you just took up my lunch break."

Christian took me to my favourite restaurant, we had lunch together and it was great. We actually talked this time. We talked about ourselves. How different we both were before all the responsibilities landed on both of us.

Everything went great and we both returned to the office and we were back to work mode.

Christian offered to drop me home but I already had my car so I drove myself.

The following day started out great. I felt great, everything felt in place. Christian came into the office and greeted me with a beautiful smile. I brought Christian his coffee and updated him about his schedule, he listened to me with adoration in his eyes.

God this man is making me feel like a teenager all over again.

It was almost lunch, when a woman knocked on my door, so I let her in. She was beautiful and tall, almost like a supermodel.

"Hi, how can I help you?" I smiled politely.

"Is Christian Reeves in? I needed to see him." She smiled back.

"Did you have an appointment ma'am?"

"No I don't. This was sudden, but ring him up he'll know who's here."

"Okay, give me a minute." I picked up the intercom. "I'm sorry but who do I say you are?"

"Madeline White, his girlfriend." I could feel the colour from my face draining. Of course he has a girlfriend. I pulled my smile back up, obviously it wasn't genuine.

Christian picked up the call, cheerfully, " Ms. Madeline White is here to see you, Sir."

"I'll be outside in minute." He didn't sound as cheerful as he did when he picked up the call. That son of a bitch. And in a few seconds he was out to greet his beloved girlfriend.

Madeline jumped into his arms, Christian looked at me with pleading eyes but I was too angry to give a damn, and I made sure I looked completely unfazed. So I went back to my work. Typing and correcting the emails and documents Christian assigned me with.

"I missed you so much honey, I heard about this woman who claimed to be having an affair with you. Good thing you fired her. People can go to such lengths to be on papers." Madeline whined. Her voice was fuelling my anger.

"Madeline, we should go inside and talk." Christian suggested and they both walked into his office. Jerk.

What was I expecting? Of course a man like him and his status has a beautiful, hot, whinny girlfriend. Just yesterday he said things, words, that would suggest otherwise .

~~~~~

Christian's POV

You've got to be kidding me. What did Madeline want from me now? The worse part was when Camille addressed her as my girlfriend. She thought Madeline was my girlfriend.

Okay yes she was my girlfriend for a while, but it ended before I came back here. We weren't compatible and she was more than happy to break things off. And here she was, ruining what I have with Camille.

We were finally at this place. Now she must be thinking I'm a womaniser. Just yesterday I ended one matter about a woman, and today Madeline is here.

I asked Madeline to get in because I could almost see fumes coming out of Camille. She was pissed and  turning red, not a good sign.

I need to get this over with and I need to talk to Camille. I need to explain this situation to her.

"What do you want Madeline?" I asked, coming to the point, clearly frustrated. All I could think about was Camille and how I was going to convince her that I only wanted her.

"I've missed you." I quirked my eyes at her, "And I was in town for business so I thought we could catch up."

"Cut the crap. What. Do. You. Want." I emphasised every word for her, which made her roll her eyes.

"I have a deal that I need to talk to you about." Of course. I leaned back in my chair.

After our brief discussion she asked if we could go for a lunch or dinner sometime. I politely declined but she insisted that she'd be leaving day after tomorrow early in the morning so we should at least have a drink together. I agreed for tomorrow night, just a drink, no dinner plans.

I walked her out, hoping to talk to Camille after she left. Before leaving, Madeline gave me a lingering kiss on my cheek and smiled at Camille and left. Camille smiled back but I could tell it wasn't genuine.

I walked towards her desk as she looked back down and continued typing something on her laptop with a lot of force.

This isn't going to go well.

"Camille?" I asked for her attention cautiously. She stopped typing and looked up with the same fake smile she just gave to Madeline.

"Should I be expecting someone else soon? Maybe a wife I wasn't informed about? Oh and maybe a child or two? I can think of more."

"Camille, I can explain."

"Right, like you explained Sofia and wait let me think, you might have mentioned a girlfriend when we were having lunch yesterday, or when we had sex? No you didn't."

"Camille..." She was already standing up with her purse.

"It's lunch break and I've plans, so if you'll excuse me." She was already walking away. I hated that she walked away without finishing the conversation but I didn't want to push her to the edge.

I walked back to my office and dropped onto the couch. I pulled my tie out and unbuttoned two buttons, I felt suffocated . I leaned back and rubbed my face with both my palm in frustration. WHY.