Chapter 9

Christian's POV

I wasn't going to go to the club so early but I was done with all my work at office and didn't have any other plans for the day.

Yeah okay, I wanted to see Camille, I wanted to be a part of her special day. I am going to go and buy something for her but I wasn't sure what to give her. And since her party was at a nightclub, I assumed it's better not to take anything now. I'll buy her something nice tomorrow.

She wasn't here when I arrived. I ordered a drink for myself, I noticed a couple of ladies giggling and eyeing me seductively. I was used to it by now so I ignored them and went back to drinking, until I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Camille's so called best friend Jeremy.

"Man they're practically eating you." He took the seat beside me and ordered his own drink.

"Yeah I noticed. Where's your sister and Camille?"

"My girls are on their way. They're coming together, you know how ladies get about parties." He rolled his eyes and smiled, I nodded, 'my girls', what, did he think Camille was his girl?

There was dead silence between us for a while which was fine by me but he broke the silence soon and went on blabbered about something I didn't care about. Then his eyes shifted behind me and he said with excitement, "Damn woman."

I turned around and my breath hitched.  Camille's eyes fell on me, she looked stunning and the dress fit her like a glove. Her curves were all in the right places. Fuck, I wanted to see how she'd look without that dress. I wanted to peel that off of her myself, taking my sweet time. All the while her eyes were on me, I liked her attention on me.

I was lost in my reverie of dirty thoughts until I heard Jeremy saying, "...and I'd do you right now right here if I could." A part of me wanted to see Jeremy bleeding all over that stupid face of his.

But that was nothing compared to how angry it made me when Jenna told me how Jeremy and Camille used to be a thing. How they were caught naked over each other. Just the thought of Camille being with another guy made my blood boil.

"And here I was told they were friends." I was trying to keep my rage in rein. Staying as calm as I could at that moment. But Camille's face said she knew I was pissed. Good.

"No we are friends. Cam and I did have some great time together for a while but it was mostly casual. We knew dating would ruin what we had so eventually we stopped and here we are, best friends for life." Jeremy held onto her tighter and kissed her. I took a deep breath meanwhile telling myself to calm the fuck down.

"I need a drink. Excuse me." My gaze moved to her face. I didn't realize I was staring at Jeremy's hand on Camille's shoulder.

I watched as she took 3 shots together, seriously, 'damn woman'!

Jenna was telling me more about Camille when she came back and took Jeremy to the dance floor. I watched as they danced so close.

They were too close for my liking. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I sure as hell didn't like Jeremy Marshall.

All I could do right now was watch her from far because Jenna was tipsy and wouldn't stop talking. And it wouldn't be nice of me to leave her like that or interrupt her.

Jenna is Camille's friend, so I tried to listen to her this time. She talked about how Camille's used to be more fun loving and wild. 

Jeremy joined and Jenna's focus went to her brother, my gaze went towards Camille without realising. A man was dancing with her now, Camille turned around, smiled and turned back around to keep dancing. That man was grinding on her. HELL NO.