Strictly Business~ Giant Sized Crap and Addelyn's Revenge

Почніть із самого початку

     Jocelyn grins as she pulls the Rottweiler out of the backseat of her car.  She holds the leash tightly as she pulls the dog towards Weston and me.  “This is Brutus.  Our neighbors have me babysitting him for a few weeks while they go on their anniversary.  I figure he might be very helpful for today.”

     The dog growls loudly at me.  Jocelyn tugs on the leash.  “Cease!”

     With that the dog calmly lies on the ground.  “He’s trained?”  I ask.

     “Of course.  Our neighbors trained him as an attack dog, but he switches back and forth from mean to friendly on command.  Just say ‘Cease’ and he should calm down pretty quickly.  Otherwise, he might attempt to bite your leg off.”

     “How comforting.”  Weston says.

     Jocelyn passes Chris the leash as she goes to back inside the car.  She comes out with a bag of materials.  “This is Brutus’s blanket, food, and poop bags.”

     I frown at the bags.  “They are the size of Wal-Mart grocery bags.”

     “Brutus is a big dog.  Henceforth he makes giant-sized crap.”  She passes the bag of dog materials to me.  “With Brutus, I’m sure that this plan will go off without a hitch.  Just one thing though.  The blanket that’s in this bag is very special to him.  He doesn’t like anyone touch it.  So once you take it out, it’s best that you just throw it on the ground and allow him to do what he wants with it.” 

     “Can that dog pee on command?”  Weston asks. 

     Jocelyn shakes her head.  “No, but he did drink about a gallon of water before coming here, so I’m pretty sure he should be squirting any moment now.  Why do you ask?”

     Weston takes one of the Listerine bottles out, and pours out the liquid.  “Because I just got a very, very, good idea.”

     Two hours later, and everything is perfect.  The house it set up, Brutus is running around loose in the yard, and Weston and the gang are packing up to leave.  Jocelyn and Chris go first, but Weston stops.  “You ready for this?”  He asks.

     I take a look at the growling Rottweiler digging a hole on the side of the house.  “Ready as I’ll ever be.”

     He chuckles before heading over to his truck.  “Hey.  Have fun.”

     I smile at him.  “You too.”

     And with that, I watch him back out of the driveway.  I sit out on the front steps for a little while, watching the cars go by.  A few months ago and the idea of Jackson coming over to my house would’ve thrilled me.  Nothing would’ve gotten in the way of it.  And now, only dread fills me, mixed with a bit of excitement.  Excitement not over the fact that he’s coming, but more so, what’ll happen when he comes. 

     Eventually, Jackson’s Escalade pulls up into the driveway with all its glory.  I slyly move my hand behind the bushes, pressing the little red button near the steps.  Jackson doesn’t even glance at me as he jumps out the car, but just keeps his eyes fixed on his cell phone as he walks on the tile pathway to the front door.

     Three…

     Two…

     One…

     The sprinklers shoot on, spraying Jackson down with a cold wet mist.  In shock, Jackson jumps up, slipping and falling on the now slick tile below his feet.  I try not to laugh too loud.  “Oh my god, Jackson!  Are you okay?”