Strictly Business~ Beef Spleen and Pickpocketing

Reputation

     E

     V

     E

     N

     G

     E

     Interlude     

    You know, I used to dream of the moment when I’d ‘accidentally’ fall on top of Jackson, and the two of us would stare into each other’s eyes, and he’d realize just how beautiful and amazing I am, and he’d decide to kiss me right in that position, much like the way the movies do it.  Of course that situation never actually happened until now.  And believe me, it’s much different than I used to visualize it.  There’s no kissing.  And falling on top of him was most certainly an accident.

     I quickly jump up, trying to conjure up an excuse in my mind for why I fell out of a janitor’s closet with Weston.

     “Will you stop being such a klutz?  We do have a classroom to clean.”  I turn towards Weston who seems to have beat me to the punch.   “And take this bucket, because if anyone is going to be mopping up those chemicals it’s going to be you.”

      I frown, totally confused as to what Weston is referring to, but after a few moments, I realize he’s trying to make it seem that the reason we were in the janitor’s closet was because we were getting cleaning supplies.  I probably could’ve come up with a better excuse, but I go along with it anyways.

     “You pushed me!  If anyone’s the klutz, it’s you.”  I snatch the bucket out of his arms.  “And you were the one who mixed the chemicals to make the test tubes explode.  It’s your fault, so you clean up the mess.”

     “It was those slimly sausages of yours that you call fingers as to the reason for the explosion.  You poured too much dioxin solution in the beaker.”  He starts to turn away from a very stunned Jackson, and begins heading down the hallway.  I take it as my queue to follow, and to continue this banter.

     “It didn’t mean you had to use all of it!”  I reply.

     “Stop talking in my direction until you familiarize your mouth with a toothbrush!”  Weston says, and I growl as we round the corner together, ending our hallway performance.  He throws the bucket to the side, and looks at me, dropping his voice to a low whisper.  “You think he bought it?”

     I press my back up against the cool lockers, craning my neck slightly around the bend to see Jackson brushing himself off, shaking his head, and walking in the other direction.  He didn’t seem fazed at all.  “Looks like it.  But I’m not a hundred percent sure.”

     He nods.  “I think we did good enough.”

     “We wouldn’t have had to do anything at all if you hadn’t of gotten the grand idea to pull me inside the janitor’s closet.” I glare at him.

     “And I wouldn’t have had to pull you in a janitor’s closet, if you weren’t trying to make a your body a display for the entire student body.”  He shoots back.

     “I was not making my body a display for anyone.  I just simply put on some makeup and did up my hair.  In fact the only one who seems to have a problem with my looks is you.”  I state right as one of the freshman students walks by, wolf-whistling in my direction.  I smirk.  “See, he had no problem with it.”