Interlude 3: Fading Shadow

Patrick's point of view: Far away from the Schicksal base and in the burning desert, Toriyama flew across Egypt with Kiana and I on his back. I felt like Hiccup riding on Toothless from "How To Train Your Dragon."  "Huff... huff..." Her body felt heavier by the second and tiredness kept washing over her head. A cold and dark hollow emerged in her heart and grew with her every step, threatening to devour her wholly.

Kiana remembered the words Durandal and Fu Hua said. "You cannot control your power, HoV." "Do what you must. It's your destiny." "..." The road beneath extended beyond the horizon, but she knew there's no way to go if not forward. However, a name buried deep in her mind kept dragging her tired foot. Right now, the girl that had always been by her side was definitely looking for her with a burning heart. Where is she? Where is she headed?

"Mei-senpai..." Said Kiana. This got my attention and the dragon's attention too. Large drops of sweat and tears slid down her cheeks. She couldn't help but closed her eyes. For no reason at all, she began to miss a place dearly. Where their fates began to entwine, where their destined first encounter happened. Nagazora.

"Nagazora... take us to Japan..." Said Kiana. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Mei-senpai is looking for us... let her find us where it all began... Nagazora City in Japan..." Answered Kiana.

"You were right, Patrick-kun. I should've returned to Auntie Theresa, Mei-senpai, and Bratnya. And because of that... I let myself get captured by Schicksal and Otto almost won the race to me. But now that we've escaped... the race to me has started once again with Kevin and World Serpent... I wanted to return to the Hyperion with Mei-senpai... but I was too scared to do that because of Sirin inside of me... and now that Fu Hua is gone... no one can protect me now but you... Now I want Mei-senpai to find us where my adventure with Mei and Bronya began..." Explained Kiana.

"... ...If now you have the confidence to return to them... Then we'll go to where it all began... This time we return to the Hyperion with Mei... No changing minds, no more running away, and no hiding from Mei. Toriyama will keep us safe till Mei finds us." I said. "After your friends find you, I'm returning back to my temple." Said Toriyama. "Alright, now use your power." I said. "Right." Said Kiana before opening a void portal and then Toriyama flew through it.

🎉 You've finished reading Honkai Impact 3rd FanFiction Main Storyline chapter 15:The Prodigal Girl Returns 🎉