Part 8: Fight against Quantum Shadows

"You cannot control you power like the boy can with his power, HoV. And you. Even with the Dragon Divine Keys. You are still not strong enough against enemies stronger than you. Including me."

"..." Kiana said nothing. She held her guns while I held the Dragon Guns. In the few months drifting across Europe, Asia, and Arc City, Kiana faced many dangers alone. With and without my help. But this time was different. Her gut feeling told her that there's an insurmountable two between her and Durandal. In this situation where brute force stood no chance, she needed something else, a different approach.

'DAM***! If only I had a phantom that was strong like the stands Star Platinum and The World. I remember when I created a Dragon from my energy for Drago to fight with against Hellmaru like creating a stand from life energy. But it was not a phantom or a stand. I wish that the others were here to get us out of here...'

All of a sudden, a moment of clarity came to us as we recalled Fu Hua's teaching. "Mantra basically is how you manage your bodies to enter into a state for combat... Before each fight starts, clear your thoughts and calm your bodies... Feel every bit of subtle change inside your bodies... And eventually feel nothing... But the strength flowing within."

Bit by bit, we let go of ourselves. We paid no heed to who we were fighting, where we were fighting, and what we were fighting for. Hundreds of life-or-death simulations from hundreds of dreams came to fruition this very moment.

'Discard all your delusions, and lull your breath. Focus on the strength... ...Flowing within.' We both said in our minds at the same time. We glowed with energy on our bodies. From a feather in the darkness, a light ignited. Our eyes opened to be golden. Kiana pointed her guns together at Durandal while three lances appeared by Kiana.

Then fire came off of me and formed into a sphere above me. Then it began to materialize into something. First wings made of soulium appeared, then a tail made of soulium, and then a head. From the flames appeared a white phantom dragon made entirely out of soulium metal. It roared out after it set foot behind me. It had streaks of yellow, blue, green, and red.

"...Edge of Taixuan? And a phantom?" Asked Durandal. "The past 4 months have not been for nothing. After we found the Dragon Divine Keys, we began to train ourselves to become stronger incase we ever ran into you or into Rita. At the beginning of the fourth month I began to master the Dragon Divine Keys and Kiana began to master Sirin's powers. Eventually we were able to mimic Fu Hua's Edge of Taixuan like when she uses it with her Divine Key, the Grips of Tai Xuan. As for me, while I was trying to find a way to counter any Valkyrie phantom users I would come across. I had a talk with Drago."

Flashback: While in the dream world created by Fu Hua, I was training on how to bring down Rita, Durandal, and Immortal Blades. Eventually, I was talking with Fu Hua, Drago, and Kiana about phantoms.

"Phantoms are mechas that are controlled by Knights and Valkyries from specific battlesuits and sometimes not from specific battlesuits. They are kind of similer to Bronya's Project Bunny. When Rita is in her Phantom Blood battlesuit, she uses the robot dog phantom, the Detector. When she is in her Argent Knight: Artemis battlesuit, she uses the scythe robot phantom, Crescent Harvest. When Durandal is in her Bright Knight: Excelsis battlesuit, she uses her two phantoms, King and Queen." Explained Fu Hua. "At least since Otto double crossed you, you have some important information and secrets from Schicksal we can use to counter against any Valkyries they send against us. So how can we defeat Valkyries who use phantoms? Because none of us including Mei, Bronya, Theresa, and Himeko never had any phantoms. We basically can't summon phantoms like summoning stands in "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders." We may need new battlesuits that lets us create our own phantoms." I asked.