Part 9: Escape

"..." "..." "..." On the way back to the base, the awkward silence once again began to build up tension. Kiana was awake again and recharged like I was. "Liar! You said that you'd let us go if he and I win." "She never intends to let us go. Everyone in Schicksal are all liars like Overseer Otto. You should've remembered that." I said. "You only took down a score of Quantum Shadows. We're not done yet. And please stop calling us liars." Said Durandal.

"Just when I was ready to use my killer move and you backed down. That's no fair play!" Shouted Kiana. "Your killer move is Edge of Taixuan. From Fu Hua, if I remember correctly. When did you learn it from her?" Asked Durandal. "...I don't feel like talking now." Kiana refused to answer. And so did I. "That's right, we'll never tell you. You can try and do what Batman did to the Joker in "The Dark Knight" but we won't talk. And Fu Hua is dead. Overseer Otto killed her."

"..." "..." "..." "Why..." Kiana decided to ask a question. "Back at St. Freya, I heard a lot about you. Everyone thought you were a hero. The best S-rank Valkyrie. I used to want this title like mad. But you chose to side with Otto..." "And you chose to help him murder billions of people and let Sirin reawaken." "Do you have any idea what happened to me? What evil deeds your master has done? Why... You have power and you have a heart. Why would you help Schicksal?" "Yeah, why would you stay by Otto's side and helping Schicksal after Otto murdered billions of people and let the Herrscher of the Void cause the Honkai eruption? All this time you and all of Schicksal have been lying to us! After you and Otto let the Hersscher of the Void, you let billions of people get killed by Otto's hand! And you did nothing against the Honkai eruption! How could you let billions of people get killed?!" I followed after.

"Without Schicksal, who would be protecting the billions from Honkai? You know it. You were one of us. Except you, you were never one of us to begin with. Just like your parents." "Ugh..." Kiana said. "Eh..." I said with a nerve getting struck inside me from Durandal saying something about my parents.

"There's no clear-cut right or wrong. Only what needs to be done. And I'm doing what needs to be done." "..." Kiana said nothing.

"Who would protect Earth? Why Anti-Entropy and other organizations that use Honkai for their own versions of Honkai powered weapons and battlesuits that don't take people away from their families or experiment on them with Honkai radiation like you and Schicksal. The last thing you said was all wrong. What Otto has been doing is wrong. Taking children away from their families, experimenting on them with Honkai radiation, taking away their innocence, turning children into fighters of the Honkai and Stigmata, lying to everyone on Earth, killing people, letting people die, and letting Herrschers cause Honkai eruptions while doing nothing against them are all evil sins Otto, Schicksal, and you have been doing."

"You're not wrong Patrick-Kun. But not everyone is taken away from their families. Most boys and girls choose to become fighters to protect people from the Honkai. Schicksal was the first organization to use Honkai energy against the Honkai. Nobody else would come up with the same idea. And as for letting the Herrscher of the Void kill half of humanity. It was imperative that to do what needed to be done and for the experiment to succeed, necessary sacrifices..." "SHUT UP!" A sharp point stopped in front of Durandal's face. I had the Dragon Sword in my right hand in the shape of Silver Chariot's Rapier only it was extended longer to reach Durandal's face.

"Don't you dare say that sentence in front of me! Too many enemies have been saying the same line to me over and over again and again. "Necessary Sacrifices must be made." "Necessary Sacrifices must be made." "Necessary Sacrifices must be made." "Necessary Sacrifices must be made." "Necessary Sacrifices must be made." Always the same sentence every time I accuse them of murder." I with drew the sword from Durandal's face then made it disappear.

"Besides, once the entire Earth finds out all the bad things Schicksal has done, everyone will turn against Schicksal and want something else to protect them from the Honkai that doesn't take their children away to be turned into fighters against their wills or murder their children in Honkai experiments."

Boom!!!

An explosion blew up the ceiling then World Serpent mechas appeared. With the smoke and mechas keeping Durandal distracted, I grabbed Kiana's hand then we made our escape. "Kiana-san? Patrick-kun?" The smoke cleared as she saw the door destroyed open. "They got away, huh..."

We kept running as I held Kiana's hand. "Phew... Finally..." Said Kiana. "World Seprent will keep Schicksal distracted for now. We better get out of here while we have the chance. We need to escape before Durandal and those mechas catch up. Durandal won't be kept stalled for long, we better get outside to use your power to escape." I said.

"Ok!" "This time we return back to the others. No more running away from them. We have to return to them this time. Or else Otto will send Durandal after us again. Do you want to keep running away? Or do you want to protect the lives of people from getting killed by Schicksal?!" "...Alright. We'll return to Mei-Senpai and Auntie Theresa." Said Kiana. "There. Now we better hurry." We went faster till we came to an area where there was a train.

"A train ahead. Maybe it can help us." Said Kiana. "No it won't." I said. "What makes you say that?" "Because in "Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark" Sideswipe and Ironhide with the Dark Spark tried to escape with Optimus Prime and Bumblebee by train to escape from Starscream, Soundwave, Shockwave, and the Insecticons but failed. And the same thing will happen to us." "We have to at least try."

But then more World Serpent mechas appeared then we destroyed them. Kiana tried to open a train door. "The door is locked... We need something else." Said Kiana before more mechas showed up. With Kiana's Neko-Charm and my Dragon Hammer and Dragon Axe, we destroyed them all. Finally Kiana found another way out. "Over there... the elevator! Should be able to get to the ground." Said Kiana. We went into the elevator and went up.

We finally made it out of the underground Schicksal labs and were now running through the abandoned city. We stopped somewhere behind to take cover from mechas passing by. "That's a lot of them. Isn't this Schicksal territory? They have some serious guts." Said Kiana. "They must have found a way to easily breakthrough Schicksal's defenses." I said. "But it's not a problem to circle around their formation. Sorry boys, not today!"

However, mechas appeared but then A large fire breath appeared out of nowhere and destroyed them. "Fire breath? But then that would mean..." From the air came the Guardian Dragon Toriyama. He landed in front of us. "Toriyama-sama." I said. "You don't need to worry now. I'm here." Said the Dragon. "How?" Asked Kiana. "He communicated with me and said that he was on his way here to try and save us." I said. "Why didn't you tell me?!" "Because you would of easily blurted it out to Durandal and she would have ordered the personal to set up a trap for him! But now our ticket to escape is here."

I turned to my new master. "We have to get out of here. World Serpent already has Durandal occupied. Get us away from Schicksal." "As you wish my champion." Said Toriyama. As we stood up to leave, a figure in the distance caught our eyes. "That's..." Said Kiana. As if having felt our gaze, the man lifted his head. We had a clear look of the man's face miles away. The face made me and Toriyama shocked. "...Kevin Kaslana?" Kiana finished.