Part 3: Duel with Durandal

Patrick's point of view:

The wielder of the Divine Key Abyss Flower, the ace S-rank Valkyrie of Schicksal. Durandal's reputation proceeded us. Mei and I knew the odds were wildly against us, but we wouldn't flinch before the legend.

"I'm here to take Kiana Kaslana and Patrick Ewing with me." Said Durandal. Mei took a deep breath, tightened her grasp on her weapon. I did the same thing. "NEVER!" Mei and I screamed at the same time. "Over our dead bodies..." Said Mei. "We're never letting Otto reawaken Sirin or murder billions of more people again!" I screamed. "It was necessary for half of humanity to perish for phase one of the experiment to start." Said Durandal. "Go to h*** you lying villain!" I hissed. "I think not. I prefer if you call me the strongest Valkyrie in Schicksal." Said Durandal.

"D*****! We were so close!" I cursed. '4 months of running and hiding from Schicksal and now the hunt has come to an end! Durandal has us cornered! There's no escaping her! Has all this running and hiding been for nothing!?' "D***** Kiana! I told you that we had to return to them but no no no! You refused to return because you were scared that Sirin would kill them! Has all this running and hiding in Arc City been for nothing?!" "Not yet Patrick-Kun." Mei got my attention. "We can still get Kiana-Chan out of here. What ever it takes." "What ever it takes... If you want Kiana! You're gonna have to go through us first!"

"Seems that I will start with the former Herrscher of Lightning. Don't even think about trying to escape. Or else I will kill your friend." Said Durandal. Mei and Durandal jumped to the street and began fighting. "You can't take Kiana-Chan or Patrick-Kun!" "Let's see if I can." I watched the fight. Mei seemed to be holding out against Durandal. However, Durandal was far more powerful than us and I feared that she would come. Even with all that training Fu Hua gave us, it will still be not enough to beat Durandal.

Without Fu Hua and Drago to guide us now, we were on our own without them now. Durandal was winning, but Mei refused to give up as she kept getting pounded by Durandal. "This should come to an end." Durandal flew up into the sky and began to use her finishing move. She flew around fast in circles, then she charged back at Mei striking her and finishing her off. Mei finally had no strength left to continue fighting.

"That's enough, you have no chance of winning." Said Durandal. "We're not... finished yet..." Said Mei. "......" "I'm not leaving them to you..." "I like the look in your eyes. But your power still has to grow before it matches your will." Durandal jumped and disappeared in a blink of an eye back to Kiana and me. Mei couldn't do it, and now it was my turn.

"Hand her over, Mr. Ewing. And turn yourself in. Or else you will face the consequences." Said Durandal. I growled. "Gr! Never. I will never go back to that bas****! I cannot lose! I won't accept defeat!... You've been lying to everyone and murdered billions of innocent people! If I don't kill you, then all my running and hiding from Schicksal will all have been for nothing and pointless." Flashback from 4 months ago appeared in my eyes. "And billions of more people will get killed if Otto does the same thing again to Kiana. And I absolutely refuse to let him get what he wants! I cannot! I will not!" Then I screamed loud and lots of Honkai energy burst out of me and climbed up in height. I created another Honkai energy spike like before at Schicksal HQ.