Part 11: Death Battle. Durandal vs Kevin

No point of view: Durandal had finally taken care of the World Serpent mechas and went to go hunting for both Herrschers again. "Activate recon system." Said Durandal as everything turned purple for a few seconds then back to normal. "Enemy force has diminished, Durandal-sama." Said a person through the comms. "Roger. Terminate them once and for all." World Serpent Mechas appeared but Durandal took care of them all.

Then she got outside. As the comms spoke to her again. "Durandal-sama, we found HoV and HoD. They are riding on the Guardian Dragon." Durandal looked for where the city ended and the desert started. A faint figure faded in and out in the streaming air. And flew away. "Let them go. It's the Overseer's order." Said Durandal. "But... is it OK to just let them go?" "It's fine. They are no enemies. I just regret not telling them something important. Basas do not have a lot of bones you need picking.

While Durandal was crushing the World Serpent's invasion... The other battle in Fenghuang Down mirage was also drawing to a conclusion. "Hua... your last move was indeed powerful, but you ran out of your ki. It doesn't have to be this way. We could witness the final victory against Honkai together. ... You've given everything you have. You need to rest now. You don't even have to lift a finger. I'll finish our cause." Kevin extended his hand to touch Fu Hua's shadow. He opened his palm, and rested on it was a plume light as air.

In the same instant, the dream collapsed and the bubble burst. He was back in the sand wrapped ruins again. "When it's over, I'll wake you up, and you just sleep tight before it happens." "Master, we've been trying to reach you." Jackal spoke to Kevin. "I was reunited with two old friends. HoV escaped with HoD and Toriyama using her powers, and we can't pin them down yet. Durandal is heading your way." "Never mind, I'll start with her..." No sooner had he finished his words than the blonde Valkyrie looked in his sight. "You must be the head of the snake." Said Durandal. "... Bring it on." Said Kevin. "As you wish."

Beyond the ruins, ocean waves blurred by the sand mist rose and fell, repeating a pattern that's eons old. But the next instant, a storm of ice swept over, turning the ocean surface into an enormous frozen sheet. Even a whale that leapt our for some fresh air failed to escape and was made into an imposing sculpture. From the very top of the sculpture, the man slowly descended. In the eye of the frigid storm, he stood perfectly still as the piercing wind ravaged the world. He look down the horizon, waiting patiently for his challenger to emerge. Where the sea ended, Durandal was striding on the ice ground and closing in fast. Her hair was now in a ponytail. Durandal was now in a duel against Kevin.

Two mighty forces clashed like violent tides in the sea, both attempting to overwhelm their formidable opponents. But right before anything could happen, a figure ambled out from the storm. With perfect composure, he looked on as if appreciating an extraordinary work of art. It was Otto Apocalypse.

"Durandal, you may stop now." Said Otto. "Overseer?" Asked Durandal. "Leader of World Serpent, you have fully demonstrated your power. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Otto Apocalypse, the current Overseer of Schicksal."