December 12' 2019

Aroma.

That's her name. Peculiar but beautiful.

She said she likes my name too.

Jimin.

Common, but special like the person who owns it.

Why did my heart skip an inadvertent beat?

~⋅⊱༄♡༄⊰⋅~

My eyes instinctively sought his figure as he entered the cafe with his friends. A few days in this college and I have come to learn that this boy has the status of a celebrity here.

Would I question it? No I won't. I mean look at him.

I understand why he wants to keep his treatment a secret. Who wouldn't be surprised to to find out that this confident, bold and seemingly happy boy is just a masquerade? What hides behind is a person who suffers from anxiety, is depressed. A person who is scared of all the judgmental stares he'll get if he lets down his cool persona. A person who can't take the risk of trusting anyone because he has been deceived so many times. He is not afraid of getting broken, that he already is. He just doesn't want the remnants of his shattered being to be thrown away into non-existence. Despite the trials this life welcomed him with, he is still afraid of disappearing, he still wants to be.

"One regular latte please." I ordered my fourth cup.

Linda placed her hands on her waist and narrowed her eyes at me from behind the counter.

"Come on Linda! Bear with me, I still have 12 chapters left." I smiled innocently at her.

"Make it two." I bristled.

Do you seriously expect me to turn a deaf ear to the voice that sounds as if it was woven in silk?

I turned around to look at him standing there, handsome as ever. I pressed my lips together in an awkward smile and looked away. A tingling sensation erupted in my hand and stomach as I felt him step forward and stand next to me. I had the most weird urge to laugh.

Help.

"Won't you have trouble sleeping?"

My ears perked up and I returned my gaze to his looming figure.

"Maybe." I shrugged my shoulders. "But I get to finish a good book, so I guess that's worth it", I smiled.

He chuckled.

Something tugged inside my chest.

The way the corner of his lips curved upwards, mouth parting slightly to show a glimpse of his white teeth like pearls resting between sea shells. The way a dimple dug up in his right cheek, looking like it could probably store countless memories of this smile in its joyous depths. The way his irises disappeared behind his eyelids for a mere moment but enough for anyone to make out the perfect crescents they formed. The way he controlled my breathing so effortlessly......

He was beauty and I was entranced.

"Here's your order, you two."

Linda placed two cups filled with coffee on the shelf. Jimin picked them up and extended one out to me.

As I grabbed it from his hand he said, "Thank you for not telling anyone, uhh-"

"Aroma."

"What?"