Chapter 38 - Happier

Danielle Lexington

It's been two months since Alan came with us to Santorini. Having him around is amazing and I can't describe how happy I am having him around me. I'm so glad that he really showed to me and Oscar that he's really serious about us.

Today is Alan's birthday and he's turning 35 this year. I baked him a cake while he's out with Oscar for an evening stroll. I tried my best to finish the cake before he and Oscar come back from their stroll.

I even bought him a present because he has been amazing to me and Oscar. He's literally the best dad for my little one. These days, Oscar even asked us to sleep with him in his room.

We both always waited for him to fall alseep and we both will have a long talk with a short make out session before I kick him out to his hotel.

I'm done decorating the cake and I quickly grabbed his present from my room. I'm done cooking dinner too and all I need is for them to come home.

I sat down on the dining room waiting for Oscar and Alan to come back. I checked on my phone for the time and tried to kill the time by looking through my social media. I even spent time looking at Oscar's photos with Alan and can't help but smile widely.

I decided to call Alan and he picked it up instantly.

"Hey."

"Where are you?" I asked and I heard the door opened revealing the both of them with lots of flowers. I smiled and got up from my seat.

"Wow.." Alan said looking at the cake and the food.

"Happy birthday." I said as I gave him a peck on his lips. Alan put Oscar down and gave me a big bouquet of flowers. I thanked him and I gave him a hug.

"Happy birthday for the thousand times today. Let's have dinner!" I said and he nodded. I turned to Oscar who's busy opening up his new toy. I picked him up and brought him to the dining room.

I lit the candles up and started to see happy birthday with Oscar together. Oscar wanted to join Alan blowing his candles and Alan took Oscar from my arms.

"One two three." Alan said and they both blew the candles together. I sat them both down side by side and put their steaks in front of them. Alan gave me a kiss on my cheek thanking me for making everything.

"Here's your present." I said as I gave his present to him. He smiled and started opening it. It's a watch and I personally picked for him. I even engraved his name on it. Alan took off his current watch and put on the new one.

"Thankyou so much." Alan got up and gave a long kiss.

"What took you both so long?" I asked and they both looked at each other. Alan gestured Oscar not to say anything and I raised my eyebrows.

"What did you guys do?" I asked suspiciously.

"I want to show you something after this." Alan said and I nodded. The boys started to eat up and I smiled looking at them. I cut the cake for them to eat and I joined them eating our dinner.

After we finished, Alan started to do the dishes real quick. I helped him by putting the plates back into it's place. After we're done, we walked out from our house. Alan put Oscar on his shoulder and the both of them starting to sing a b c song.

I noticed that he's taking me to a rooftop of a cafe. My eyes widen when I saw rose petals on the floor along with small candles. He led me up and slowly put Oscar down. Alan covered my eyes and led me somewhere inside.

"Oscar, can you help daddy turn off the lights?" I heard Alan asked.

"Okay." I heard Oscar walking steps.

"Okay.. I'm nervous." I said.

"I want you to open your eyes after you count to three." He said as he took off his hands of my face. I started to count to three and opened my eyes slowly.

I chuckled seeing Oscar sitting in the middle of a.. I turned to Alan and he smiled. He slowly kneeled down on one knee and opened the ring box in front of me.

"Danielle Lexington, I love you so much. I couldn't imagine my life without you. Let's be happy together, the three of us." Alan turned to Oscar and then turned back to me again.

"Will you marry me?" He asked and I bit my lips as tears started to come out from my eyes.

"Yes." I answered and I hugged him right. I felt Oscar hugging our legs and I drew back from the hug to pick Oscar up. Alan took my left hand and put the ring into my ring finger. I turned to him and gave him a long kiss.

"We did it.. let's go buy ice cream." Oscar said and I turned to him chuckling.

"You little boy.." Alan kissed Oscar's cheek.

"I love you." I said to Alan and Alan's eyes widen. This is my first time saying it despite him saying it to me a thousand times already.

"I love you so much." Alan kissed my cheek and Oscar pushed us both away from each other.

"Aaaaa you promiseeeeee.." Oscar whined.

"Okay okay.. let's get ice cream." Alan said and I smiled.

"Should we.. uhmm.. take care of this first?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it." Alan said as he held my hand and took Oscar from my arms.

"You silly little man.. can't daddy have some romantic time with mommy?" Alan asked as he tickled Oscar. We walked down from the cafe and walking to our favorite ice cream place near the cafe.

"Now go.. pick your ice cream." Alan said as he put Oscar down. Oscar ran into the shop and Alan stopped me by wrapping his arm around my waist.

"I want to claim that long kiss first." He smirked and I cupped his face. I kissed him slowly and he picked me up slowly making me squeal.

"Thankyou." I said to him as I kissed his cheek.

"I'm going to change your last name and Oscar's.." He smirked as he put me down.

"I'm ready."

"Daddyyyyy!" Oscar called and I chuckled.

"Better handle that little boy.." I smacked his butt and he quickly walked inside to buy Oscar ice cream. I looked at the both of them picking their ice cream. I looked down to my hand for the ring and I couldn't be happier than before.

THE END