Chapter 20 - I'm Not

Bella Morgan

"Thankyou." I smiled to Alan who just bring me breakfast in bed. He sat in front of me waiting for me to take my first bite.

"Are you busy tomorrow?"

"I have lots of meetings, why?" I asked as I cut the pancake and took a bite.

"I was hoping if we could spend time together." He said and I looked at him raising my eyebrows.

"We're spending time together now." I said as I pointed at the both of us. He chuckled and he shook his head.

"A date, Bella. Let's go on a date." Date?

"Yeah, there's fair and I want to take you there." He said.

"Why not today?" I asked.

"I thought you say you have a meeting later on."

"I mean.. I can cancel it. I'm pretty tired lately with work." Instead of work, I've been pretty tired coping with my life.

"Really?" He asked and I nodded.

"Let's go tonight."

"Okay then." I took a shower and got ready to go to the office. Alan dropped me off and I told Daisy right away to move my meetings tomorrow. I continued to work.

Alan texted me that he will pick me up around 5 and I can't wait to go to the fair. I never been to one and I'm excited.

As I got up and ready to go down to the lobby, my dad walked into the office. He looked mad and I think I know why.

"What part of my words that you not understand?" He asked as he threw the brown envelope to the table.

"Dad, listen-"

"Do you want to get yourself in trouble?" He bursted angrily.

"Dad, what's the difference between us.. and Rector then? We all kill each other and I just want-"

"You want to go to jail too? Huh? We agreed that there will be no mercy!"

"Don't you feel guilty? I have a lot of sleepless nights trying to cope with myself after slicing someone else's throat!" I bursted angrily at him and he scoffed coldly.

"Not only you, Bella. You were 12 when everything happened and I know the trauma but I was old enough to understand more and the trauma that I got was bigger than you." He sighed.

"If you don't go with the original plan, I will do it." He said as he pointed his index finger at me.

"But.."

"If you repeat this again, I will make sure your boyfriend will die the next day." He said in a cold tone and then he walked out. My phone kept ringing and it's Alan obviously. I picked it up and let him know that I'm going down.

I saw Alan's car and got in. I gave him a kiss on the cheek and he drove away from my office building. I put on the seatbelt and sighed.

"This is my first time going to a fair." I said.

"Really? You never been to a fair before?" Alan asked and I turned to him.

"Yeah, I was busy building my company." I was busy planning a revenge.

"You'll have fun tonight.." He said and after 20 minutes drive, we arrived. He parked the car and I was amazed by the fair. Alan put his hand in front of me and I took it.

"I brought some cash and I'm planning to win lots of prize for you today." He said as he showed me his stack of cash. He pulled me to the first game that we saw. He paid for two people and we started throwing darts to the balloons.

I'm good at this but I will pretend that I'm not. We're having fun today not a revenge saga. Alan won with 5 balloons.

"Pick one!" He said as he pointed at the dolls. I pointed at the cute panda doll and he got it for me. He took me to play other games and it was so much fun. I never had this fun and happy since 13 years ago.

This was my first time in 13 years to have myself laughing, joking and having fun. My cheeks were hurting from smiling and laughing a lot. Me and Alan are hotdogs, cotton candy, ice creams, burgers and waffles. I had so much fun and I'm glad to have Alan with me to share this.

We rode a small ferris wheel and he paid for 3 rounds. As we slowly go up, I looked at the beautiful scenery. I have a lot of mix feelings inside of me as we go up.

"Thank you.. for bringing me here." I said and I turned to Alan.

"I love seeing you like this. I never thought you can laugh like that." He smiled and I nodded.

"It's been a while since.. I enjoy life and be happy." I said honestly as I turned back to see the scenery.

"Why? You have everything." I wanted to laugh at his statement so badly.

"You have everything." I said as I pointed at him.

"I don't. I can't say that I'm happy." I turned to him completely surprised by his statement.

"Why?"

"I can't get to choose what I want to be, I don't have a good parents either and I don't have any freedom."

"What if.. one day.. you'll get the chance to be free, what will you do?" I asked because I know one day his dad will be gone and he, himself, might be too.

"I want to move away." He said as he turned to the scenery. We're currently on the top now and I can't help but admiring the view.

"Where?"

"I don't know. I want to live in Swiss or maybe Greece."

"Good choice." I smiled and he took my hand holding it. His warm hand spread it's warm temperature to mine.

"How about you? What's your plan?"

"I want to be happy." I said honestly and deep down in my heart, I know I want it so badly.

"Aren't you happy now?"

"No, I'm not."