Chapter 16: Martial Arts Tournament

The following morning, Saitama stood in front of his bathroom mirror with the wig on his head. He stared at his reflection momentarily before taking it off. "It doesn't look bad." he mumbled.

"Master..." The bald man froze upon hearing the familiar voice, prompting him to glance at the door where the cyborg was peeping from behind the doorway. "Are you really..."

"No, you don't understand!" defended Saitama. "I'm not going to start wearing a wig all the time!"

But Genos had already walked away. "Pardon me, I have a call to make." he said before pulling out his phone. After pressing a few buttons, he placed it on his ear and waited for the person to pick up the call. "Dr. Kuseno? This is Genos." While Saitama stood at the doorway with a blank expression, Masami looked up from her book with confusion. "It is urgent.

"No, not the rampaging cyborg. Saitama-sensei is facing a crisis. You said you can also implant synthetic hair of reinforced fiber in living skin.

"Yes, that is right. I believe it is necessary.

"And black hair is an option too?

"When would you be available to perform the operation?

"The sooner the better.

"Uh-huh.

"Next Wednesday?

"Yes, I will accompany him.

"Understood! That day is fine! Thank you for cooperating!"

As soon as he hang up, he quickly looked over and asked, "Saitama-sensei, are you free next Wednesday?"

Masami blinked owlishly after witnessing the conversation. "I don't think you can inject reinforced fiber into his head without permission, Genos." she stated flatly.

"Masami-chan's right." said Saitama. He put on the wig and showed him the ticket he received from Charanko. "The wig is for a disguise. I'm going to enter a combat tournament under Charanko's name."

The young cyborg took the ticket and noticed the date. "It's today?" he asked.

"Yeah." answered Saitama, who then mimicked the famous karate chop while saying, "I'm gonna go try out some martial arts!"

~Time skip~

City C Super Stadium was filled with many people coming to watch the martial arts competition. Saitama went off to register as a participant, leaving Masami and Genos to join the rest of the audience into the stadium. With her hair down, Masami was wearing a sleeveless buttoned-up shirt, a light grey skort secured with a thin black belt, and white sneakers. Her umbrella was resting on her right arm while she carried a black on her left arm. They sat next to each other at a random spot and waited for the tournament to begin.

Few minutes had passed, and the commentator finally came up to the stage. He held a microphone in his hand and said, "Ladies and gentlemen! Thank you all for waiting! The 22nd Super Fight! Here are all of our entrants!" With the crowd cheering, the participants began to step out one by one when their names were being called out.

"You know this contender as Lightning Max, the Class A Rank 19 hero! Get ready for some thunderous kicks! "Hyper Karate" Max!

"This girl is miffed that her fast moves have removed all her opponents from the world of women's martial arts! "Fist of Palm Bells" Ring Ring!

"This baddie has slowly built his name by ransacking dojos with the way of the cruel school! How will he fare in this rumble?! "Cruel Way" Benpats!