Chapter 6: The Terrifying City

'It's been almost a week since Saitama-kun debuted as a professional hero.' thought Masami while vacuuming the floor. 'But there hasn't been any serious incidents so far. I wonder if he'll be alright, knowing that he'll sit at home and read manga the whole day?' She then looked to the blaring TV screen and saw no news on attacks in the city. 'But of late, the city seemed peaceful.'

After vacuuming the floor, Masami rummaged through her refrigerator again, wondering what she would have for lunch. But she realised that there wasn't much ingredients inside and sighed. "Time to go grocery shopping again." she said. She went to her closet and changed her t-shirt and shorts to a navy-blue knee-length dress with a brown belt buckled around her waist, tying her hair into a French braid. Grabbing her tote bag and umbrella, she put on a pair of black flats and walked out the door.

She was heading towards the city junction where she had to cross the road to reach the grocery store when she saw a panicking Saitama, who was frantically looking around for something. "Saitama-kun!" she called, making his head turn to look at her as she walked towards him. "What are you doing here? You look like you're looking for something."

"I am, Masami-chan!" he said, grabbing her arms to pull her closer. "Genos said if I, a Class C hero, don't do any hero activity within one week, I'll have my name removed from the Hero Registry! And all I have been doing for the past week was staying at home and read manga!"

This made the said woman gasp. "But the city has been quiet lately!" she said.

"That's the thing!" he said, letting her go as he continued to frantically look around for any incidents. "And today's not any different! There's nothing to do! I'm gonna lose my hero registration!"

Suddenly, he snapped his head to his left and held a familiar kunai with his fingers that was thrown at his way. The two of them looked at the direction and there stood the familiar ninja, only this time, he wore a long-sleeved black t-shirt and long pants with a belt around his waist, strapping his katana to his back. "Hey! You're that guy... What was it?" Saitama placed his finger on his chin as he looked up to remember. "Seed-on-the-Ground? Lost-and-found...? Jack-o'-lantern Panic!"

"It's Speed-o'-Sound Sonic." corrected the ninja angrily. "I've finally found you, Saitama. Today is the day we-"

"Hey, sorry, I'm busy." interrupted the said man as he walked away with Masami. "See you 'round."

But this seemed to annoy Sonic, who was unsheathing his katana. "You think you can run away from me?!" He teleported next to Saitama and swung his katana, which was bitten by the hero, breaking it into pieces. 'What the-?' questioned Sonic, landing on the ground. 'I didn't see what happened. His face should have been slice open, but the blade...'

"I told you... I'm busy." muttered Saitama. "Plus, I'm pissed, so anyone in my way other than Masami gets punched." He looked up and glared at Sonic, who started to feel uneasy.

"That's him!" shouted a voice from behind, causing the three to look to see a girl pointing at Saitama. Standing next to her was a tall, muscular man with tiger stripes running through his hair and eyebrows wearing a tiger print tank top. "He's very, very dangerous. Please stop him."

"So you're the offender, eh?" yelled the man. "Well, the hero Tanktop Tiger is here!"

"Sonic, they think you're some sort of criminal." said Saitama teasingly. "Maybe getting tossed in a cell will cool off your hot-" He was suddenly interrupted when the big man grabbed his head.

"She means you, cue ball." he corrected.

"Huh?!" exclaimed Saitama and Masami.

"He's been running around town with this scary look on his face since yesterday!" explained the girl as the passers-by started to look at the scene.

針女 - (One Punch Man x OC)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें