Chapter 20: Flashy Flash

The more the trio continued their journey, the more lost they became as they found themselves standing in the middle of a junction with five different paths. "Wow, I never thought there would be a whole world like this beneath the sewers." said Masami with awe, looking at the architecture of the underground base in awe. "First I thought it's just ancient ruins, but it turns out there are newly-dug paths, like an ant hive."

"Those things that attacked us, their friends are probably hiding in there." guessed Saitama as they took the path in front of them. "If we come across a leader or something, I'll make sure to give him a piece of my mind before we go back. As their neighbour, I have to get this message across: They need to keep an eye out for disturbances like loud noises and acts of violence."

Rover suddenly started growling when they approached a turning on the right. As soon as another monster came out, Masami swiped the umbrella upwards and cleanly sliced it into halves. "I'm not sure if they'll even listen, Saitama-kun." muttered Masami with a sweat drop on the back of her head, acting as if the monster hadn't existed in the first place. Rover, on the other hand, watched his new master with a newfound respect. Not only was she strong, she was humble enough to say sorry when she hit him. Seeing that he was going to be left behind, he caught up and happily pranced beside her as they continued exploring the base.

But it didn't take long for the dog monster to growl again when they approach another right turning. Just when Saitama said that something was coming out, the attacker emerged from the corner in a flash and attempted to strike them, only to have Saitama easily dodging before his sword collide with Masami's umbrella. Her eyes widened with surprise when she recognised who he was, and so did he.

"Flashy Flash?" she called, lowering her weapon.

"Needle Lady?" he said in the same manner, also removing his sword. His surprise look then morphed into his usual stoic expression. "It has been awhile. I see that your skills are still as sharp as eve."

"I feel honoured." she said. 'Well, you can't really say it's been awhile.' she thought with a sweat drop on the back of her head. 'The last time I saw you was during the S Class hero meeting.'

"Hey, Masami-chan." called Saitama, obtaining their attention as he pointed at the hero. "Who is he? What was that all of a sudden?"

The said girl was trying to explain to him about who Flashy Flash was and how it was normal for someone to attack in case of enemies, and the poor dog was caught up in the conversation, frequently looking back and forth between them. But they failed to notice that the hero looked at him with an uneasy expression. 'I think this guy is that lower-ranked hero I saw before at the Association Headquarters!' he thought. 'First he's Demon Syborg's sidekick, and now the Needle Lady? Why is he here now? What is the deal with that reaction time? He actually dodged my attack.' The two neighbours were still bickering with each other to even notice that his expression had darkened. 'Is there someone who can match my movement speed among the heroes? Was it a fluke? Should I try again?'

"Just who the hell are you?" demanded Saitama.

"Like I said, Saitama-kun." sighed Masami. "His name is Flashy Flash."

'No, but do I really need to go that far against an obviously inferior opponent?' thought Flash, still deep in his monologue regarding Saitama. 'But if this man really can dodge my attacks, it means he actually saw through all of my movements. I cannot allow something like that to happen.'

"Just say something." he probed.

'Plus this mysterious pressure of his, my instincts tell me there's something abnormal with him.' thought Flash. "Flashy Slash!" His speed increased tremendously and attempted to slash Saitama, who caught the blade between his fingers. This shocked Flash even more, as no one was able to dodge this attack before.