Chapter 14: Human Monster

It was another normal day in Saitama's apartment. After having lunch prepared by Masami, Genos volunteered to wash the dishes, leaving his master to play on a handheld game console. With a mechanical pencil in her hand, Masami sat across him scrolling through some websites on her laptop with her recipe book opened next to it. With her hair tied into a messy bun, she was wearing a wide-neck light pink blouse that showed her collar bone, and a pair of white trousers.

"Your rank has increased to Class B Rank 7, Saitama-sensei." said the cyborg. "I've increased to Class S Rank 14."

"All I'm doing is pummeling monsters I stumble across." stated the said man, whose attention didn't waver from the game. "I've gone up that much?"

"Well, monsters are appearing on a daily basis now." said Masami while writing down something on her book before lifting her gaze back to the screen. "Even though you defeated the monsters, you didn't report to the Hero Association. But since your rank is still increasing, that must mean there are witnesses reporting your victories to the association."

"That means you're becoming more recognised as a hero among the masses." concluded Genos with pride. "I think you might even have a fan club soon, Saitama-sensei."

"Yeah, right." he scoffed. "You're Class S, and you don't have a fan club."

After completing his task, Genos turned off the tap and wiped his hands with a towel. "Actually, I do have a fan club."

"Seriously?" was Saitama's response.

"I wouldn't be surprised." added Masami while scrolling through a webpage. "After all, young girls would be attracted to someone powerful and good looking like him."

"Oh, hey." mumbled Saitama. "An item." After pressing a few buttons, he continued, "Did you have a fan club, Masami-chan?"

"Yes, I did." she replied. "Actually, I still do because the admin in-charge of the site hasn't taken it down. When I was still a hero, I would receive a huge pile of letters every day, or even have my inbox spammed with emails from my admirers. There were a few instances when people asked me to be their girlfriend or wife."

Pressing the pause button, Saitama looked up with a blank stare. "But you were only a teen."

"No one knew my age." she shrugged. "I could easily hide my identity with a black cloak and mask, so people wouldn't know my true identity. Plus, I didn't really like the publicity, so I chose not to disclose anything about me. I even used a PO box so people wouldn't know where I was living."

"I see." Just as he was about to resume his game, he noticed that the cyborg was not in the kitchen. "Huh? Where did Genos go?"

"Maybe he went out?" guessed Masami.

"Oh, well." shrugged Saitama. He continued playing for another twenty minutes until he realised something. "C-Crap, I accidentally saved over King's save data."

Upon hearing this, Masami eyed on the handheld game console and raised a brow. "This belongs to King-san? Did you take it without his permission?"

Like a reprimanded child who was caught red-handed, Saitama gave a sheepish grin and had a drip of cold sweat on the back of his head. "Well..." But all he got was a disapproval look from her, causing him to flinch. "N-No worries! I'll give it back when I meet him."

"Please do so." stressed Masami, earning a nervous chuckle from him.

Suddenly, someone harshly knocked on the door before shouting, "Class Rank 7 hero Saitama! Come out at once! Class B Rank 1 hero Jigoku no Fubuki-sama would like to speak with you!"