Chapter 13: The Hero's Return

Author's note: Hello, beloved readers! How are you? Hopefully you and your loved ones are doing well despite the pandemic. The good news is the wait has finally come to an end. After waiting for Season 2 to be released, plus the mountains of assignments given by my lecturers, I can finally continue this series as much as I can. Hopefully you'll enjoy the rest of the chapters. In the meantime, stay safe and stay healthy! ❤️

"Master, where should we head next?" asked Genos while carrying a box in one hand and a bag of groceries with another, walking alongside the said man and Masami.

"Let's see." said Saitama, who had another bag of groceries in his hand. He looked over at the girl and continued, "We bought the ingredients for the hot pot, right, Masami-chan?"

With her hair tied into a high ponytail, she was wearing a white tank top and light blue jeans, along with a pair of brown heeled sandals. Since the last alien invasion, her umbrella went through slight amendments. The rib was longer, making the umbrella bigger than the last time, and the umbrella panel was maroon. The one thing that didn't change was the deadly weapon used as the body.

Masami looked back and nodded with a smile. "Yes." she responded. "Which means we're left with toilet paper and shampoo..."

As she was listing down the things left to buy, she and Genos noticed that Saitama had stopped in front of a shop, prompting them to follow suit. He was staring at a figurine an S-Class Rank hero named King.

"Huh..." muttered Saitama. "I guess you get one of these when you get popular. Must be nice. Getting your own figure."

"Let's contact the manufacturer." declared Genos, who whipped out his flip phone and placed it on his left ear.

"Nah..." sighed Saitama with his hand up to stop the cyborg from making the call. "You're not supposed to ask them to make one yourself."

"But I think it's weird to have people marketing a mini version of yourself." commented Masami with a sheepish smile.

"It may be nice to have your own figure, but the money still goes to the shop." he added, earning a nod from her, and began walking away with Masami next to him. "Let's go."

"Yes, sir!" responded Genos, trailing behind. "Where should we go, Master?"

The three continued walking along the streets until they neared a video game shop called Pazool. They came to a halt when  a tall, lean mean wearing a light blue hoodie, navy trousers, and dark red sneakers came out of the shop with a paper bag in his arm. Although he was wearing a black cap with the letter "K" on it, they could still see his long face with sunken cheeks, his defined jawline, and blue eyes. What stood out the most was the three vertical scars over his left eye.

"Master." called Genos as they continued staring at him. "I believe that gentleman is King after all."

"Who?" questioned the said man, who clearly had no idea who the cyborg was talking about.

"He was one of the heroes at the Class S gathering." he explained. "That man somehow claims your place as the strongest man in the world."

"Ah..." was his response.

"But what in the world is he doing here?" questioned Genos.

Suddenly, a woman screamed, "A-A monster!" The people around began to panic and run away for their safety.

"A monster?" repeated the cyborg before looking over at the other two. "Master, Masami-san, we should hurry!" But he quickly changed his mind and glanced over at the tall man, who had already stopped in his tracks. "No, wait. This might be a good opportunity to see King's true power. Let's see how things go."