Chapter 3: The Obsessive Scientist

Suddenly, the cyborg glanced at the window behind him and in a flash, he was crouching at the door, waiting for his target. "Object approaching at high speed- It's here!" he muttered, to which Saitama looked at him with boredom while Masami watched with a raised brow.

"Huh?" was Saitama's response when all of a sudden, a monster crashed through the ceiling.

"My name is- huh?" In a second, the monster was killed instantly with a single punch.

"Pay for my ceiling!" said the apartment's owner angrily with his temples throbbing.

"Saitama-kun, how is he going to pay for your ceiling when he's already dead?" questioned Masami with a sweat drop formed on the back of her head.

"Oh, yeah." was his response.

"There are two more outside." muttered Genos as he leapt from the destroyed ceiling. "Master, leave them to me!" As soon as he landed on the streets, he was surprised to see Saitama standing in front of the two monsters the cyborg had detected earlier shoved into the ground upside down.

"Don't bust people's ceilings!" he scolded the monsters, who obviously weren't listening.

"Oh, never mind." said the cyborg.

"Can't you guys just come through the door?" Suddenly, a pair of claws popped out from the ground beneath Saitama and dragged him down by the ankle, leaving his head in the open air.

"M-Master!" shouted Genos, who was about to help his teacher when he interrupted him.

"No, I'm fine." he assured. He then glanced at Masami, who had joined the scene after leaping from his apartment with her umbrella. "Just take care of Masami-chan." He then looked at the ground before lifting his head up to relax. "I kinda feel like a... bamboo shoot."

"Elevated energy levels detected." said a robotic voice. Suddenly, there was a loud crash behind Genos, who quickly turned around on guard, and the unfazed girl.

'A cyborg?' questioned the young man when he came face to face with a cyborg with plate armour adorned with spikes on its shoulders, knee pads, and gauntlets. 'Could it be...?'

"You are not the target." said the armoured cyborg.

"What's going on?" asked Saitama as he tried to look what was happening. "I can't see."

"You're in the way!" yelled the cyborg as jumped up into the air, aiming his attack at the young man.

"G-Genos-san?!" yelped Masami when he gave her a piggy-back ride, forcing her to hold onto him tightly with her umbrella, as he deflected the attack. Once he gained his balance, he charged towards the monster, who then swung its arm at him but he quickly blocked it.

"I have a few questions for you." said Genos before he pushed back the cyborg's arm. He turned back to see his teacher cornered by two more monsters. "Master!"

"You dare look away?" mocked the cyborg before charging at the two. "Quite courageous!"

"Masami-san, hold on tight!" ordered Genos.

"Uh, sure." was the girl's response before doing so. Genos blocked the cyborg's attack before he charged at it with heat emitting from his palm, causing an explosion around them. But it didn't cause an impact on the monster, as it jumped out from the fire and tried to land a blow on Genos, who leapt back to dodge him.

"I am the pinnacle of the House of Evolution's science." introduced the cyborg. "I am Armoured Gorilla. Your attacks have no effect."

"The 'House of Evolution'?" repeated Genos questioningly. "What does it want with my master?"