Grief

Once they all arrived at the compound Bucky excused himself as they took Olivia to T'challa. He knew he should be by her side but he needed some time to himself. He debated on where to go, He didn't want to go to his room because it reminded him of Liv so the next best place was the gym.

He saw the punching bag and started to let out his anger on it, every punch he let out an angry growl. He continued his assault on the punching bag until his growls turned to sobs. In one last punch the bag went flying into some other equipment causing a few things to tumble.

Bucky couldn't hold it in anymore, he fell to his knees letting it all out.

"Cmon Buck where are you- Buck." Steve's heard the sobbing and quickly kneeled by Bucky. "Hey, I'm here.."

"After everything we've been through, all these years, she was right there Steve...she said yes. I messed up. I shouldn't have let them get her in the first place. I should have taken better care of her." Bucky rambled letting the guilt take over the anger. "It's my fault."

"Stop." Steve said sternly. "It's not your fault. It's Hydra okay? They're the real enemy. They always have been." He rubbed Bucky's back trying to help him find some comfort.

Bucky took a deep breath and nodded. He wiped away the tears on his face. "How is she?"

"She's okay, physically. Tchalla is trying to figure out how badly they messed with her mind." Steve noticed The pained look on his best friends face. "She's a fighter. She's going to get through this. I know it."

Bucky smiles weakly. "Of course."

Steve stands and Bucky follows his lead. "You should get some rest. We can wake you if there's any changes."

Bucky shakes his head. "I won't be able to sleep. I want to be there for her. Even if she doesn't remember me."

Steve nods. "Alright, come on then." He leads Bucky toward the lab that tchalla is working in.

Tchalla looks up when he notices Bucky and Steve arrive. "James, it's nice to see you again."

"Likewise." Bucky nods and looks past him seeing Olivia on a bed unconscious while Shuri scans her body.

"Hello white boy." Shuri says without look up. "Don't worry, she's in good hands."

"How bad is it?" Bucky asks.

Tchalla and Shuri exchange worried looks. "They've definitely enhanced their methods, it's slightly different than your programming ."

"How bad is it?" Bucky asks suddenly feeling more worried than when he came in.

"We will do the best we can. The programming is deeply engrained, we need to be careful if we rush it not only will the programming be gone permanently , but also her memories." Shuri says apologetically.

"No, she can't. Not again." Bucky was panicking. He starts to pace the room.

"But that's just the worst case scenario. " Steve says.

Bucky nods anxiously and walks over to Olivia. Shuri gives them some space and walks over to talk to tchalla in hushed voices.

"I am so sorry Liv, this is all my fault." Bucky took her hand in his and brought it up to his lips. "I never should have left. I should have ran away with you instead of joining the army. We could have gotten married and had kids. They would have been so beautiful..." tears start to fall down his cheeks and he wiped them away.

He placed her limp hand back down on the bed. "I'm going to kill the bastard who did this to you." He said flatly before walking out. His stride was quick, he walked with purpose.

Steve noticed the look in Bucky's eyes and quickly followed him out. "Where are you going?" He asked worried.

"I'm paying her handler a little visit." His Stare was blank and cold.

"Bucky, violence won't do anything to bring her back quicker." Steve tried to reason with him.

"Don't get in my way." He glared at Steve as he made his way down to the elevator.

Steve tried to grab onto his arm before he got into te elevator but Bucky quickly shoved him off. "Not now. And don't follow me."

The elevator doors closed separating the duo. Bucky paced the elevator anxiously as he rode down to the lowest level underground.

Once he reached the right floor he walked past security and straight to his cell.

"Sir, you can't be back here." The security agent yelled out.

"Take it up with Stark." Bucky yelled back as he approached the right cell.

"Well , well, well." He could hear the smirk in his voice. "What a pleasure to be in your presence Soldier."

Bucky glared at him through the cell bars. "I'm going to kill you."

"That isn't a very heroic thing to do now is it?"

"I'm no hero."

"No, I guess not. You're a killing machine. Just like your creator intended you to be. Isn't that right?"

"You're lucky, this cell is the only thing keeping you alive right now." Bucky grits through his teeth.

"It's a shame you know, that you didn't get your happily ever after. Your wedding night would have been amazing, trust me that girl knows how to-"

"You son of a Bitch." Bucky reaches through the bars and grabs him by the throat. "I'll kill you!"

"Bucky!" Steve runs in and pulls him back.

The Handler laughs evilly behind bars. "Are you really going to let this walking flag stop you?"

"Move Steve!" Bucky throws himself towards the jail cell again.

"Bucky stop!" Steve holds him back. "This won't solve anything. We need information from him."

"I don't care!" Bucky growls.

"Information that could help us heal her." Steve says softly.

Bucky breath is rigid as he closes his eyes. "Fine." He takes a second to calm himself. "Fine, ok."

"What a shame." The handler says. "I guess it's up to me." He smirks and smiles showing a small white pill in between his teeth. "Good luck." He bites down on the pill and his mouth starts to foam and he falls to the ground seizing.

"No!" Bucky yells. "Open the cell!"

They quickly get the key to open the cell but it's too late.

"No..." Bucky groans. "No!" He uses his left arm to punch the wall. "No... no..."

A/N: HELLOOOOOO, it's been a while I know. There was a death in the family and I've been pretty down but I'm slowly coming back. I'm trying to get back into things I like so hopefully I'll update more soon. Thank you for reading it means a lot 💕