Daydreams

I woke up to the sun shining through the curtain, I groaned rolling onto my stomach. I realized the bed was empty and I sat up looking around, where was James? Maybe I dreamt the whole thing...

My hand reached for my neck and I felt the light chain of metal around my neck. Nope, not a dream... maybe i came on too strong? Maybe I made him feel weird. I groaned. I probably did.

"Good morning." His voice calls out.

I look up and see him shyly walk out from the bathroom. "Sorry if I woke you."

I shook my head, "You didn't, the sun did." I smiled softly, glad he didn't leave.

"I can ask Friday to dim the windows, if you'd still like to sleep." He offered.

I yawned stretching. "That's really kind, but I might as well get up. I'm not going to remember anything if I stay in bed all day."

He chuckled. "Okay, very well."

I stood up and started making my bed, a habit I've gotten into.

"Oh let me help." He jogged over to the other side of the bed and helped me straighten it up.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"It's my room, I should be thanking you." He chuckled.

I tugged at the hem of the shirt. "I need clothes, I don't want to take yours." I said.

"I don't mind." He said glancing me over and blushing. "But Tony ordered some last night, it should be here by today, don't worry."

I nodded. "Thank you for helping me, I don't deserve it.." I looked down.

"Hey, you deserve this. Hydra was horrible, they torture people for their own sick agenda. You were innocent." He made me look up at him. "Don't forget that."

I sighed and wrapped my arms around him.

"Let's get you some pants." He smiled into my hair and pulled away. "Breakfast should be ready soon."

I nodded and took the pants he chose for me and I pulled them on and tied them tighter.

I followed him into the kitchen where a blonde guy and a teenager were sitting. I looked and them and realized who they were at the same time they realized who I was. "She escaped!" The kid jumped backed up.

"Hey, I'm really sorry about hitting you in the face..." the blonde cleared his throat.

"Guys, it's fine. " Bucky waved them off. "This is Liv, she's cool."

They nodded, "right.."

"Sorry about, you know." I told the blonde.

"It's cool, no worries." He grabbed his bowl and walked out of the kitchen.

"I'm gonna go find tony..." the kids said walking out too.

I turned to Bucky who was picking at some food at the stove.

"Can I take a walk? I need some fresh air." I wrapped my arms around myself.

He looked nervous. "Uh, I don't know if that's a good idea. "

"I'm not going to try to escape, this is way better than where I used to be. Please? A few minutes..."

"Okay, fine... just come back. Please."

I nodded. "I will, I promise." I smiled softly and walked off hoping to find my way out.

I found some stairs and went down until I found a door leading outside. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I feel free almost. The only times I ever got to take a breath outside was when I was on a mission. I walked towards a small garden around a pond near the building. I froze seeing Steve there. I debated wether I should approach or leave. I figured he's heard me already so I walked up beside him.

"Hey..." I said softly.

He looked up and nodded.

"I'm sorry about yesterday, I thought you were going to torture me.. I didn't mean to hurt you." I but my lip looking down at my shoes.

"It's fine, you're not yourself." He shrugged.

"I don't even know who I'm supposed to be Stevie, I'm so confused." I sighed closing my eyes.

"Stevie?" He raised a brow.

"Oh, sorry. I don't know where that came from." I shook my head. "I just, i want to remember everything I do, it's just so hard."

"It's only been a day, we don't expect you to remember everything so quick. We have a friend flying in soon, hopefully he can help with the programming ."

I nodded. "Again, I'm sorry."

He smiled. "You're pretty strong you know, almost as strong as me."

"Oh please, I'm stronger." I grinned.

"Hm, incorrect."

"Why do you think it took you so long to catch me?" I laughed. "Because I'm stronger and quicker."

"Yeah, yeah. Sure." He laughed.

I was in the middle of teasing him when my head started to hurt and I squeezed my eyes shut trying to fight it.

——
"So Stevie, tell me .. how come you're still single? " I sat on my couch across from Steve. This was the first time he's ever come inside my apartment.

"Have you seen me? I think that answers your question." He jokes but his smile didn't meet his eyes.

"You're an attractive man, I don't see why any woman wouldn't want you. You're the sweetest funniest guy I've met. "

"Yeah well woman normally want a strong man." He shrugs.

"You're the strongest man I know Steven Grant Rogers."

"Yeah right."

"I'm serious. You've been through so much and yet you still wake up every morning with a smile on your face. And you never give up. You're twice the man that they are."

"You're just being kind."

"I mean it Rogers, some day a dame is gonna be so lucky to have you as her man." I go over and wrap my arms around him. "I'm lucky to even have you as a friend."

——

"Liv!" Steve shakes me from my memory.

"W-What?" I ask confused.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You were mumbling , are you okay?" He asked worried.

"I remember you, a little..." I think back to my memory. "You're the strongest man I know Steve Grant Rogers." I quoted.

He smiled softly. "I've missed you friend."