Mystery Woman

Present day
-

"Goddamit she got away again!" Tony threw his drink at the wall.

"Tony, calm down, we'll catch her." Natasha tried to calm down the angry scientist.

"When? Hm? How many more innocents will have to die until we catch her? She changes her face every time we encounter her, how Will we possibly catch her?!" He growled.

"She's right Tony, we'll catch her." Steve walked into the room. "we just have to have some patience and make a plan."

"I know Rogers, I know. She just always seems to slip through our fingers every single time." He groans.

"So we don't let her," Steve says.

"It's not that easy." He stressed.

"It's been a long night tony, just get some rest okay?" He pats Tony's shoulder.

Tony just nods and walks out of the room.

Steve sighed and stared at the tablet with the profile of this mystery woman. "Who are you?" He asked himself.

Steve was sprinting up the stairs as fast as he could in pursuit of MW. She was fast, as fast as him. Soon they reached the roof, He couldn't let her get away, not this time. He reached for his shield and threw it at her legs. She fell forward but quickly caught herself. And turned back to face him, angry at being chased.

"Why don't you just quit Rogers, you'll never actually catch me." She smirked teasingly.

"And yet, here we are." He put his shield back on his back. "Why don't you remove the mask and let me see who you really are?"

"And ruin all the fun?" She chuckled. "I don't think so." She glanced back at the edge of the building. "Well it was great catching up, really it was... but I'm gonna go.. see you around Cap." He stands on the edge and lets herself fall back.

"No!" Steve ran to the edge quickly and looked down seeing she landed on an invisible jet and it took off quicker than he could catch.

"Goddammit!" Steve yelled.

"Language." Nat said over the coms.

"Ha ha very funny." Steve sighed annoyed. "At this rate, we'll never catch her."

A few months later

"Eyes on target." Clint said over the coms. He stood on the roof of a high level building on watch out for the Mystery Woman. Tony kept a list of the the people she could possibly go after and this was one.

"Okay keep your eyes peeled for her, she's gotta show up." Sam said.

"Okay, I'll keep a Hawks eye on her." Clint grinned.

"Oh, my, god." Sam shook his head. "That was terrible man ."

"Oh come on that was funny." Clint grinned.

"Sure." Sam chuckled. "Wait we have movement."

Clint saw MW position herself with a sniper ready to take out the target. He quickly grabbed an arrow and shot it at her arm making her miss her shot.

Clint shot another but she dodged it and looked down seeing that her target had been alarmed and was running away. She glared up at Clint and started to run.

"Target is on the move. I repeat target on the move!" Clint quickly made his way down to her level but she wasn't there. "She's gon-" he fell forward with a kick to his back.

"Never mind!" He quickly got up and faced her.

"So, Cap couldn't catch me himself so he sent one of his sidekicks." She smirked.

"Rude, I'm not a sidekick ." He reaches for his arrow but she pulled out her gun instead.

Clint quickly knocked it from her hand and began throwing punches.

During the fight he managed to get a kick to the face knocking off the masking technology she had on her face. His eyes widened taking in her real face.

She quickly knocked him out and grabbed the mask running off before anyone else saw.

--

Clint groaned walking back into the tower, "Okay, that girl is crazy quick."

"Why do you think we haven't caught her?" Steve asked.

"Cause you suck." Clint chuckled grabbing some peas from the fridge and placing them on his black eye.

"Well you didn't catch her either." Steve smirked. "and she knocked you out."

"True, but at least I managed to get a glimpse of her real face, before she knocked me out that is." He said.

"Wait, what?" Tony asked walking in. "you saw the mystery woman without her mask?" He quickly grabbed his tablet and started his search. 

"Yes!" Tony grinned and enlarged the picture to show everyone. "nearby camera caught the fight."

Clint winced seeing himself get knocked out again. "yup that's definitely her."

"Okay, now that we know what she looks like we can search her in the system and possibly find out where she's hiding out, come on cap." Tony glanced at Steve who was frozen in place.

"Steve, hello? You look like you've seen a ghost, or an ex." Tony chuckled.

Steve stared at the picture with wide eyes. ."Liv.." he mumbled to himself.

Clint furrowed his brows, "Steve, you okay? Do you know this girl?"

"I have to go." He quickly rushed out of the room.

"Can't be her, impossible." Steve mumbled. "she's dead, she died ." Steve was too distracted to notice where he was going he didn't see Bucky had just turned the corner.

Bucky stumbled back bumping into Steve. "Woah, Stevie watch where you're going." He chuckled.

Steve stared at Bucky not knowing what to do. "right, sorry didn't see you."

"Right, shiny metal arm is very discreet." He chuckled. "what's on your mind pal?"

Steve shook his head, "nothing, I'm fine."

"Are you sure? Because I know you and you're hiding something." Bucky crossed his arms. "what is it? Did you borrow my jacket again and lose it? Because if so you owe me, you know it's my favorite." He smiled.

Steve shook his head. "just drop it Bucky okay?" Steve didn't let him answer before he walked past him towards his room. "I have to find you." He mumbled to himself.

--
A/N: hey guys how's it going?? Wow big time skip huh? I was thinking of doing a chapter between these times but figured I couldn't write a whole chapter so I'll just do flashbacks if y'all want.