Target

After I awoke from the floor, I forced myself to stand. I felt light headed so I grabbed onto the nearest thing. I took a few deep breaths and walked into the bathroom to take a shower. It was going to hurt but I guess that's part of the punishment as well.

After the painful shower I sat on my bed half dressed trying to bring myself to wrap them. It seemed like such an easy task but every moment I made was painful. I normally wouldn't care for the pain but lately I've been feeling things I haven't before. I remind myself to shake it off and start to bandage myself up.

After my wounds were healed enough that I could leave my room I was sent on another mission. "this time, don't fail." My handler reminded me.

I nodded and grabbed my bag making my way toward my bike. I can't afford to lose another mission. This was bad but they can do so much worse.

I climbed onto my bike and drove off.

--

I walked amongst the crowd as I searched for my target. My eyes landed on a pair of blue ones staring right at me. I frowned and turned to the right down an alley. "Find the target." I mumbled as I climbed up a fire escape onto a building. I kneeled down and surveyed the crowd. A man walking out in a bright red suit caught my eye. "bingo." I smirked pulling out my gun and aiming it at his head. It may not be a sniper but I'm a damn good shot. I pulled the trigger and he fell over.

I quickly hid the gun and ran to the ledge jumping back down into the alley. "Olivia." I heard someone call out behind me.

I stopped and looked back at him, he was a scrawny boy, maybe 17. "I think you've got the wrong person kid." I felt a familiar prick on the side of my neck.

"Actually, I don't think I do." He grinned.

"I'm gonna- I'm.. I'm gonna..." I mumbled feeling dizzy. I felt myself falling back.

"Ive got you." I felt a pair of arms catch me. I glanced up noticing the blue eyes again before I was out cold.

--

I heard hushed whispers as I groaned. "what the..?" My mind suddenly caught up and I opened my eyes. "where am I?!" I pulled against the restraints.

"Hey, hey calm down. We're not gonna hurt you." A familiar face tried to calm me down.

"Maybe not, but I'll hurt you!" I pulled against the handcuffs.

"Sorry sweetheart, that won't work." He smirked. "this whole room is engineered to keep an inhuman from breaking out, I doubt you could."

"I swear I'll kill you." I glared.

He chuckled. "okay, clearly being nice isn't working."

"Oh you call that being nice." I rolled my eyes. "I'd hate to be on your badside Stark."

"yeah, well you're getting there kid so cut it off with the attitude. We're trying to help you."

"I didn't ask for help did I?" I leaned back in the chair momentarily forgetting my wounds. I winced shutting my eyes as curse words left my lips.

The door suddenly opened. "Steve I told you to stay out of this-"

"She's hurt." I heard his voice say as his footsteps sounded closer and the other walked out.

"Hey..." I heard his voice near me. I peeled my eyes open seeing none other that Captain America himself.

"Do you... Remember me?" He asked as if he was scared of my answer.

"S-steve?" I asked softly.

His eyes are bright in an instant. "you know me?"

My eyes watered. "how could I forget?"

He looked relived and wrapped his arms around me. "how is this possible?"

"I- I don't know..." I quickly wrapped myself around him and used my cuffs to choke him.

Gullible Idiot.

He was gasping for air as he stood and slammed me against the wall. I gasped in pain feeling my unhealed wounds open up again. I screwed my eyes shut as I fell over like I did that day.

"God damnit!" Steve yelled kicking the table hard and walking out.

I stayed on the ground in pain. I felt my eyes water but I blinked the tears away. They can't see me like this.

"Pull yourself together." I mumbled to myself and held onto the table as I pulled myself up and back into the chair.

I stared back at the one way glass knowing they were watching me.

--
"Goddamit she had me!" Steve punched the wall. "I'm an idiot."

"Okay supersoldier. Calm down. It's not your fault that literally every person alive knows your name." Tony said.

"It's her Tony, I know it is." Steve sighed hanging his head low. "I'd know her anywhere... It's her."

"I believe you buddy, but I don't think she knows who she is." He said. "Barnes back yet?"

"No, haven't seen him since I told him about Olivia." He leaned against the wall.

"Well try to bring him by, I'm gonna have another word with her." Tony said walking in.

--
"Oh look, it's the tin man again... What do you want?" I groaned.

"First, it's Iron Man. Second, dick move back there." He sat across from me.

"It's not my fault he's so gullible." I rolled my eyes.

"Do you know your name?" Tony asked.

"Of course I do, it's 414." I shrugged.

"414?" He asked. "that's it?"

I nodded. "yup, that's it."

"Who do you work for?" He asked.

I just smiled in return.

"Oh now you decide to shut up?" He rolled his eyes. "great."

"You're terrible at interrogation." I said.

"Maybe so, but that's not why you're here." He said.

"No? Then please enlighten me." I leaned forward.

"Nu uh, back up princess." Tony glared. "I saw what you did to Cap."

I grinned. "Oops." I sat back ignoring the pain.

"You know, you were pretty hard to find." Tony said. "The mask and all, pretty clever."

"Thanks, it was my idea." I hit my hands on the table bored. "so, when is cap coming back for round two?" I smirked.

"Funny. He's not, you're just gonna stay here until you talk." Tony shrugged. Standing up and walking out.

"I hate her." He mumbled making sure everything was secure before leaving.

I sighed laying my head on the table. "I'm so dead." I thought to myself.

"Liv?" I heard a soft voice call out through the now opened door.

That voice...