Chapter 24

Percy

I slammed by computer shut, "This is such BULLSHIT" I said raising my voice at the end.

"Perseus Jackson! Watch your language." Ms.Valdez yelled from the living room.

I was currently sitting at the kitchen table struggling through yet another advanced algebra worksheet.

"WELL IT IS COMPLETE BULLSHIT" I retorted.

"Percy! Go to your room until you can calm down!" She yelled annoyance clear in her voice.

"Whatever!" I yelled walking out of the kitchen and stomping up the stairs thoroughly pissed off.

I walked into my room and slammed the door. I know, I was being a complete asshole and totally selfish but I had a good reason. Jason had hit a rough spot in his health and had spent the last two nights in the hospital on oxygen.

It had been about four and a half months since he got diagnosed. And its not like he was going to get better. So we were all pretty much stressed to the limit.

I ran my fingers through my hair, clenching and un-clenching my jaw.

"THIS IS FUCKING STUPID" I yelled about nothing and everything at the same time. I dont even know who I was talking to.

"Percy!" Ms.V snapped from downstairs.

I rolled my eyes but guilt knawed at ny conscience. She had been so patient with me, I shouldn't be so difficult. But then I wouldent be Percy Jackson, being difficult was just a part of me.

I flopped onto my bed and scrolled aimlessly through my phone. After about an hour I was beginning to doze off when I heard my name being called from downstairs.

"What!" I called walking out of my room and down the stairs. I poked my head in the kitchen to see Ms.V looking quite a bit happier then she had an hour or so ago.

"Jasons getting out of the hospital tonight."

I sighed in relief, maybe I would actually be able to sleep tonight then.

"Im sorry for being such a bit-.." Ms.V threw me a warning stare, "for being such a pain today." I finished.

"Its ok sweetheart, I know you were worried about Jason" She said starting to do some dishes.

I nodded and walked out of the kitchen setting about the house to start some of my chores. Grover was at his Green team club and Leo was off getting into some sort of trouble. I would usually be doing the same thing but I just dident have it in me anymore.

Everything I did reminded me of Jason and thinking about Jason made me think about..well..you know. At least I only had a few days of school left.

By the time it was about eight thirty, I debated going out but I decided against it. I was to drained, both physically and emotionally.

I walked upstairs and into my room. I flopped onto my bed sadly, it always seemed so much comfier when Jason was in it with me.

I sighed and turned on the tv. I scrolled through Netflix until I found Jasons favorite movie, Superman. I clicked on it hearing the familiar intro and got comfortable under my blanket. I snuggled into my pillow and began trying to ease my mind into sleep.

It took about an hour and a half but I finally dozed off into an uneasy sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to Leo yelling in my ear, "GET YOUR ASS UP"

My head popped off the pillow, "what? What is it!?." I said quickly.

"Nothing, I just wanted to say bye before I went to school" he said smirking cheekily.