Chapter 23

Jason

It had been about two months since I got diagnosed with cancer. I was working from home and we were getting close to summer anyways. Percy had decided to do online classes as well for the rest of the year.

I was on my way back from the hospital. I had gotten my Do not resuscitate card from the doctor. Which basicly meant if I started to flat line then they wouldent do anything about it. I had made the choice to get it of course. I knew Percy was going to lose his shit when I told him.

I sighed as I parked and got out of my car. I walked into the Valdez house, "Percy!"

He jogged downstairs and hugged me briefly. "Hey babe, how was the doctor visit?"

"About that" I started, "I got my.. Do not resuscitate card today."

His eyes darkened, "what the fuck Jason! Stop acting like you dont have a chance! You're just letting yourself die!"

My jaw dropped, I was shocked I thought Percy would be sad or annoyed not livid.

"So we're all just supppsed to let you die then!?" He said swaying slightly.

"P-percy..have you been drinking?" I asked horrified.

"Why the fuck does it matter" He grumbled.

Andro started to growl, probaly getting uncomfatable at the tense situation.

"Percy. I know you're drunk so you probaly dont mean anything that your saying."

"But, you need to grow the fuck up, Cause I won't be able to." I hissed before going upstairs to toss some of my stuff into the guest bedroom.

I heard the door open again and then a mumbled conversation. "SHUT THE FUCK UP LEO, I DO LOVE HIM" I heard Percy yell.

"THEN ACT LIKE IT, GIVE HIM SOME ACTUAL SUPPORT." He screamed back.

"WILL YOU BOTH SHUT THE FUCK UP" Grover yelled effectively quieting them down.

I layed on the bed and went on my phone for about an hour. I eventually dozed off, at about elevenish I felt somebody crawl into bed with me.

I felt percy Wrap his arms around me, "im sorry" He whispered.

I nodded against his chest starting to tremble. Tears started to escape from my eyes. I took in a deep shaky breath and started to cry freely as Percy held me tighter.

"Im scared" I said in between shaky breaths. He rubbed my back waiting patiently for me to continue.

"I'm so scared of dying, I know most people say it in some sort of fancy poetic way but thats all there is to it..Im scared" I said still crying.

I felt Percy Start to tremble as well. "Im sorry Jason I really am..I dont think I've ever been more terrified in my life" he admitted truthfully.

"I love you" I said quietly.

"I love you to" he replied.

I started to doze off into a semi relaxed sleep.

I was going to make the best of the time I had left.

Word count:499

Dont worry there's going to be a few happy chapters! I will tell you how much time has passed in each chapter so it doesn't get confusing. Anyways Lilly ouut💛💛