i am not a colour

My name is Krystle,
but to you that does not matter.
Because my name will always be a name but not one that you'll ever call me.

You do not care about my name.
The only thing you care to know is my colour.
Not the colour of my skin but the colour of the group that I was brought up in.

But the colour of the group that I was brought up in
has nothing to do with who I have always been.

My name is Krystle
But to you I am 'pink'

But I was never colour
I will never be a colour

I am not a colour
Especially, the colour pink.

~k.w.a.v

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I guess you all can take this poem in whatever way you want.
But I still want you to know the real meaning to why I wrote this and what it means to me.

So, my name is Krystle and I was born a girl. Okay?
So, when I was little everything I got was pink because apparently that's the colour of a little girl right?
And I know now it's changed a little but what doesn't change is that all people wanna know about me is the colour of the group I was brought up in. Meaning all they wanna know about me is my gender and when I tell them I'm a girl they just immediately think of the colour pink and it makes me mad.

And I get that people wanna know what gender you are
But let me make it simple,
Gender does not equal colour.

I mean don't get me wrong, I love the colour pink and there's nothing wrong with it but I just hate how people assume that the colour is all I am.
Cause there is a lot more to me than what my gender is.
There's a lot more to everyone than what their gender is.

It's mostly just me saying how I'm more than just what people see when they look at me.

Maybe I was born a girl and maybe the colour pink was what I was brought up in.

But that doesn't mean that's all I'll ever be.

I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say and if you don't you can direct message me about it and we can talk.