(20) Clear our names

Stacie was driving Emily back to her house so she could spend the night with Kathrine. She had to go back to Benji's the next morning for more tests.

They walked into the house to see Katherine sitting on the couch with a cup of tea watching Emily's home videos.

"Hey, Katherine." Stacie greeted from behind the woman.

"Oh hey, sweetie." the woman said without even looking away from the TV.

"The crazy doctor got you something to cheer you up." Stacie smiled at the woman who's gaze was still fixed on the TV.

"I'm really not in the mood to see anything that has to do with that man. You wanna watch Em's old videos with me?"

"I'd rather we watch the real thing." Stacie smiled.

"What are you ta-" Katherine stopped talking when she saw her daughter standing next to Stacie.

"Emily? Baby is that really you?"

Emily smiled and nodded as her mother walked closer to her. "But how is this even possible?"

"It's a long story but she's really here." Stacie said with a smile as Katherine gave Emily a tight hug.

"Mom, I love you a lot, but I can't breathe." Emily said as her mother gave her a bone crushing hug.

"Sorry I just don't wanna let go. This just feels like a dream."

"It's not, I'm here mom. I'm home." Emily smiled looking at her teary eyed mother.

After Kathrine finally let Emily go they explained what happened to her. The woman couldn't believe her ears.

That night the females spent their time watching movies and telling stories. After a few hours Emily fell asleep on the couch inbetween her mom and girlfriend.

Stacie later dragged a half asleep Emily up the stairs to her room. The two slept cuddled up on Emily's bed.

The next morning Stacie woke up with Emily's head on her chest. The younger girl was in a peaceful slumber that Stacie didn't want to ruin, so she didn't get up.

After and hour or so Emily finally woke up. "Morning sleepy head."

"Morning Stace." Emily smiled as she looked up at Stacie.

"How are you feeling today?" Stacie asked.

"I'm fine Stace, stop worrying so much." Emily smiled before kissing Stacie's cheek.

"You can't blame me. I thought I lost you once. I need to make sure you're always okay." Stacie frowned.

"Hey, I'm okay, I promise you that I'm okay." Emily said looking at Stacie in the eyes.

"I just don't wanna lose you."

"You won't. Never again." Emily gave Stacie a hug before they went down stairs for breakfast.

"What do you girls want for breakfast?" Katherine asked.

"Hot chocolate and pancakes please." Emily said like a five year old girl.

"What about you Stacie?" Katherine asked.

"I can't stay for breakfast. I promised my mom I'd eat breakfast with her today." Stacie said before hugging Kathrine.

"You have to leave already?" Emily pouted.

"I'll see you after your check up at Benji's house."

"Promise?"

"Promise" Stacie said before kissing Emily's cheek and leaving the house.

After breakfast Katherine drove Emily to Benji's house for her check up. After an hour everyone started showing up to keep Emily company.

"So did you guys get Thomas in prison yet?" Emily asked her teammates.

"What for?" Jesse asked.

"For the robots. The man confessed to framing us, and we have it on video. Why didn't you guys send that video to the cops yet?"

"We were kinda busy being worried about you. Even if we do give it to the cops, what guarantee do we have that he won't just pay them to get out of jail?" Beca raised an eyebrow.

"Good point, but we can make sure that he does go to prison. If we show the whole town that video, he'll have to go to jail for sure." Emily smiled evilly.

"Why bust him for the robots alone? I mean the man has done worse than this." Benji's grandfather said.

"Like what?" Stacie raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not really sure. What I do know is that if you need proof you have to go to his office."

"So we have to sneak into his office? That should be fun." Cynthia sighed.

"If you're gonna do it you have to make sure to look through the town's budget and his accounts."

"Sure thing. When do we leave?" Emily asked.

"You mean when do they leave. You still have to stay here for more check ups."

"Oh come on." Emily pouted.

"I'll stay with you while they do this." Stacie smiled.

"Yey! You guys can go now." Emily said pushing everyone out.

"Hold your horses little one. We still need a plan." Jesse smiled as Emily pouted.

"And I have one. The thing is not all of you are gonna like it." Benji said.

"Just tell us Applebaum." Amy sighed.

"Okay so I need someone to plant a listening and tracking device on Markus, Carlos and Matthew's phones. We'll see where things go from there." Benji said making everyone look at Stacie, Chloe and Aubrey.

After thinking about it long and hard the girls finally agreed. Benji showed them what to do as soon as they have the phones and that's what they did.

The next day everyone was in the base and Benji was busy with something on his laptop.

"Okay, so tomorrow afternoon some you guys have to sneak into the mayor's office and look through all the records. Your masks have cameras so all you have to do is look at them. The others will have to do the same in his house." Benji explained.

"Three of us go to his house and two go to his office." Beca said.

"So why did you need us to track our dads' phones exactly?" Aubrey asked.

"Wherever we find your dads that's where the mayor is. I'm using them to make sure the mayor is far far away from his office or house." Benji explained.

"If all they'll be doing is looking at a bunch of papers why can't I go with them?" Emily whined.

"We're still not sure if you're 100% ready for a mission." Beca said making the younger girl frown.

"You guys are no fun." Emily crossed her arms with a pout. This made Stacie smile before whispering something into the younger brunette's ear.

"You guys can go, I don't mind staying behind anymore!" the younger girl yelled excitedly.

"Wow Stace, what did you say to her?" Chloe asked.

"All I said was I'll make her pancakes and hot chocolate for breakfast and chocolate chip cookies for a snack if she stays behind." Stacie chuckled.