(9) In action

"Why did I let you talk me into this again?!" Aubrey asked Amy.

They were currently surrounded by about 20 robots. Amy somehow convinced everyone that they should take the car on a joy ride.

What she didn't expect was to get surrounded by the robots the second they went into town. They were trapped with no way out.

"We both know you wanted to do it." Amy said.

"I wasn't gonna do it until you mentioned it!  Aubrey yelled.

"Are you guys out of your minds?! What part of don't touch anything don't you understand?!" Benji yelled as his face appeared on the tiny screen in the car.

"Have you been watching us the whole time?!" Chloe asked.

"No, I just realized you were missing. This place may seem tiny but it's huge."

"Well help us!" Stacie yelled.

"I can't, you took the car before I could properly connect it to the computer. Don't worry though, I called for some help." Benji smiled.

"Who!?" Aubrey asked.

"The asshat slash idiot." Aubrey heard someone say from outside the car.

"Beca?!" the occupants of the car yelled.

"Shut it will ya? You can't call me by my real name while I'm wearing this itchy suit in public." Beca whispered before the door on passenger side was opened.

"Double tap the vests, pick a size, put them on and grab a blaster but don't fire until I tell you to." said Emily appearing from behind Beca.

"What's the easiest and fasted way to do this?" Beca asked Emily.

"You know what doesn't bend breaks right?" Emily asked and Beca nodded.

"Well, if we freeze the robots they'll have a hard time bending." Emily smiled.

"So they'll break?" Beca asked.

"Get them frozen enough and they won't break, they'll shatter as if they were glass.

"Well, it's good we have our very own personal freezer. Silver storm you're up. The rest of you get ready to brake some glass." Beca ordered as Jesse used his power to Freeze the robots.

His teammates then used their own powers to break the now glass like robots one by one.

Chloe was surprised at how they say they don't want to save the town but they kept smiling as they broke the robots.

"Here, Benji said you have to put this on the steering wheel." Jesse said as he put his wrist watch on the steering wheel.

"Why's that Swanson?" Amy asked.

"Don't call me that and the watch will help him connect to the car so he can drive it back where you stole it."

"We didn't steal it." Aubrey said defensively.

"Whatever floats your boat sweetheart." Jesse winked before  pressing a button on the watch.

"Hold on tight ladies." Benji said before the car started to speed back to his house.

When the girls were back safely and the car was parked Benji was very angry.

"I told you not to touch anything, so why did you touch almost everything?!" Benji yelled.

"We were curious." Amy defended.

"You could've gotten yourselves killed out there!"

"But we didn't, so why are we arguing again?" Amy asked.

"It's just a cut dude, stop overreacting!" everyone turned to see Emily frowning at Beca.

"What happened?" Benji asked.

"A piece of glass cut Emily on the cheek. Now Beca is acting like she lost an arm." Jesse answered.

"You didn't leave that glass shard back there did you?" Benji asked worriedly.

"No, we're not idiots. Beca has it." Cynthia answered.

"Beca seriously I just got a little cut on my cheek. It's not the end of the world." Emily said.

"It cut you just under the eye dude. If it went a little higher you would have one eye!" Beca yelled making Emily roll her eyes.

"Can we drop the matter please?" Emily asked as she took off her mask and gloves.

"Yep, I'll just let your mom handle it.  Beca smirked.

"You wouldn't. She'd freak out." Emily narrowed her eyes.

"Fine as long as you let Benji check out that cut."

"Deal." Emily smiled as she hugged Beca. The six heroes went to their separate rooms to change back to their normal clothes.

When they were done Benji scanned then for any injuries. He then cleaned Emily's cut before he got them some water.

"If anyone needs me I'll be in my room but don't need me." Beca said before walking away. She was followed by all her teammates except for Emily.

"I'll be working on making the blasters stable in the weapons room." Emily said before taking her blasters from Chloe and her friends.

"I can't believe the Guardians are back together!" Amy yelled.

"They're not back together, they just agreed to help you guys. They still don't wanna save the town." Benji sighed.

"What?! Why?! Isn't this their home?" Aubrey asked.

"They just don't wanna do it." Benji said before walking towards the computer.

The girls started talking amongst themselves and Stacie took the opportunity to sneak off to see a certain younger brunette. She walked in the direction she saw Emily go until she found the girl looking through her notes.

"Are you gonna say something or are you just gonna stand there looking at me like a creep?" Emily asked not looking up from her notes.

"Sorry, I just wanted to thank you for saving us from those robots." Stacie smiled nervously.

"Your welcome Stace." Emily smiled back making Stacie even more nervous.

"I..Is your....che....chee....cheek okay?" Stacie smiled yet internally cussing at herself for stammering.

"Yeah actually it is. Thanks for asking. Do you wanna keep me company?" Emily smiled and Stacie nodded excitedly.

"What are you doing here anyway?" Stacie asked as the stood next to Emily.

"I'm trying to make the battery life of these blasters last longer than 12 hours." Emily said as she showed Stacie her notes even though she knew Stacie didn't understand what was on the papers.

"It's cool how you can make stuff like this at the age of 15." Stacie smiled.

"Thank you but it's nothing that special." Emily shrugged.

"Are you kidding? I wish I was half as smart as you, maybe then I would be better at Math." Stacie smiled.

"No one is good at that." Emily shook her head making Stacie laugh.

"So she's a comedian too." Stacie smiled. "The beauty of may talents. A true rarity." Stacie smiled before her eyes widened as she realized what she said. She relaxed when she felt Emily hug her.

"You're sweet Stace." Emily smiled as she looked up at the older girl before going back to the hug.

After breaking the hug they hung out and talked about whatever came to mind. Time flew by and after about two hours Stacie finally realized that she had caught feelings for the younger brunette.