(8) Meeting the Guardians

"Give me that food!" Chloe yelled as she grabbed an apple from Stacie's hand.

"Really Benji what is this place?" Aubrey asked. "And how can you three eat at a time like this?!"

"It's called stress eating. In case you didn't notice this situation is very stressful!!" Stacie yelled as she stuffed cake in her face.

"Hey that's my cake!" Benji yelled.

"You still haven't answered Aubrey's question Benji. What is this place exactly?" Jessica asked.

"Look I need to restart the system. I'll explain when I'm done." Benji said then disappeared behind a wall.

Aubrey saw a weird looking button and she let her curiosity take over. She pushed it then suddenly six doors opened.

She went into one of them. It had a fire design on the wall. It had a black leather couch, flat screen TV, desk and a closet. Aubrey opened the closest to see female clothing.

"Why would Benji have this in his panic room?" Aubrey asked herself. She saw a box in the closet and opened it. In it was a weird bodysuit. It looked a bit like leather but felt stronger.

She walked out the room with the suit to show it to her friends. "Look what I found."

"What's that?" Ashely asked.

"Some weird bodysuit. Looks like it belongs to someone shorter than me though." Aubrey said as Benji walked back into the room.

"Hey whose is this?" Chloe asked holding the sleeve of the suit.

"That belongs to one of the Guardians. Looks like it belongs to Phoenix." Benji said as he inspected the suit.

"You expect us to believe that you know the Guardians? Tell us the truth dude." Stacie frowned.

"I'm not lying. This really does belong to Phoenix." Benji said.

"What is it doing in your so called panic room then?" Aubrey asked.

"Yeah?" Chloe raised an eyebrow.

"The Guardians are my friends. Phoenix must have left it here."

"Prove it. Get your 'friends' to stop these robots. Amy said with her hands on her hips.

"Fine, but I can't guarantee that they'll agree to fight the robots." Benji sighed.

He pressed a button that revealed six holes on the roof. They looked more like tubes though.

"What are you doing?" Aubrey asked a bit worried.

"You'll see." Benji smirked.

A few seconds later six bodies fell out the tubes, completely confusing the six girls.

"Warn somebody before you do that!" Beca yelled.

"Sorry but they didn't believe me when I said I'm friends with the Guardians." Benji pointed at the six confused girls.

"Guys meet the Guardians. Beca aka Phoenix, Emily aka Volt, Lilly aka Tempest, Cynthia Rose aka Quake, Florencia aka Aquarius and Jesse aka Silver storm." Benji introduced with a huge grin.

"You expect us to believe that they're the Guardians? Nice try." Amy said.

"Whatever. Are we done here? I really have to finish my blaster before Beca takes back her offer to test it for me." Emily said as she went to the fridge to grab a water bottle.

"I just wanted to ask you guys to help get rid of the robots." Benji said with a hopeful look on his face.

"Don't worry Benji I'll help you find it." Flo said with a smile.

"Find what?" Benji asked confused.

"Your mind cause you've obviously lost it." Cynthia answered.

"We are not gonna put our lives on the line to fix the mess Thomas made." Jesse said and Lilly nodded.

"You guys are the Guardians! That means you have to protect those who can't protect themselves!" Benji yelled.

"Newsflash buddy, we never chose to be." Beca said.

"I know but you still have the responsibility of protecting everyone." Benji said.

"Your crazy grandfather dumped these stupid powers on us. He gave us no choice but to put our lives in danger. Now you're becoming just like him." Jesse shook his head.

"No, I'm just saying-"

"That you want us to put our lives on the line for people who want us dead?" Emily interrupted.

"What are you guys even talking about?" Aubrey asked.

"Oh, I forgot you guys were here. We're talking about how last time we saved this town we were thanked by being taken to court." Beca answered.

"Yell yeah, you did destroy a lot of property." Chloe shrugged.

"I'm not even surprised that you believe that bullshit since your daddy is one of the bad guys." Beca shrugged.

"My dad isn't a bad guy! What is with people and saying that?!" Chloe yelled.

"Jeez, calm down woman. Anyone who works for mayor Thomas is a bad guy, so don't go feeling too special." Beca frowned.

"You're an asshat." Aubrey said making Beca smirk and take a bow.

"What is wrong with you?" Stacie asked.

"I can make you a list if you want." Beca offered.

"You're an idiot." Aubrey said.

"Why would you group me in the same category as you?" Beca asked looking straight into Aubrey's rage filled eyes.

"Sorry to interrupt this beautiful moment but we gotta go." Emily said from behind Beca.

"Let's go then. See you losers when I see you." Beca said before she and Emily left the room.

"I'm out too." Cynthia said as she left the Guardians followed behind.

"I don't get how you can have a crush on that...that... argh!!!" Aubrey yelled obviously frustrated because of Beca's attitude.

"I don't know." Chloe shrugged.

"I have to go call my grandfather. Can you girls stay here and not touch anything?" Benji asked.

"Of cause we can." Amy smiled as Benji left the room.

"Let's get to pushing buttons ladies." Amy said as soon as she was sure Benji was out of ear shot.

"You just told him you won't touch anything." Stacie raised an eyebrow.

"I didn't promise." Amy grinned before pressing random buttons.

"I'm convinced." Stacie said before she joined Amy with her button mashing.

"Hey, do you guys really believe that they're the Guardians? " Aubrey asked.

"I don't know about you guys but I do." Chloe answered.

"Then why would they refuse to help the town?" Stacie asked.

"I don't know but what I do know is that I wanna ride that." Amy said pointing at the car that was revealed after she pressed a few buttons.

The girls looked at each other before Amy pulled them into the car so they could look at the interior.