The institution episode 31

Start from the beginning

A prostitute angrily stormed out of an hotel room after wearing her clothes and Jack covered his face. He woke up in a pretty bad mood courtesy of the failed operation the previous day.
He thought of what could have gone wrong, maybe they escaped from the back, what he was definitely sure of was the fact that Racheal and Chopper were working hand in hand with someone, definitely Ziko or maybe the policemen were in on it too.
Ziko's definitely made calls that morning, calls he didn't want to pick in front of him.
"Jack picked up his phone dialing the policeman's number"
"Officer Sali"
"Oga Jack, how far now?"
"I for like see you"
"Where?"

Rex stopped by at Fatima's office but he couldn't find her there. In his attempt to leave, he found Fatima at the last floor coming his direction.
When she sighted him, she turned her back at him. "Fatima!" He called out and she turned towards him.
"Hey I didn't even notice it was you"
"But I saw you turn back intentionally like you were avoiding me"
"I wasn't avoiding you"
"What were you doing then?" He asked and she shut her eyes.
"Follow me to my office, I've got something to show you" she chipped in leaving and he rubbed his fingers together then smacked his lips.
"Definitely a booty call" he muttered then he followed her.
At the door to her office, he placed his palm against his face to check for bad breathe.
"Go get her tiger" he said to himself then he pulled down the door knob entering into the office.
"Hey" Fatima exhaled and he smiled.
"Hey. So what's up?"
"How am I going to say this that won't make me sound..."
"Sound what?" He asked moving closer to her.
"I don't mind how you sound right now, i know you're older than I am, actually 6 years older than I am but. What has age got to do with passion?" He asked running his fingers over her cheeks and she scoffed.
"That wasn't what I wanted to say" she pushed him back and he raised his brow in shock.
"Really? Why did you call me in then? Wasn't it to... Like" he looked down at his manhood that we're already slightly erect.
"Seriously?" She asked, "I guess it was the excitement and besides you're really hot"
"And this is exactly how you got it. Have you heard of condoms?"
"I have two in my back pocket, we can use it from you don't want it raw"
"No! It's not..." She hesitated letting out another sigh.
"I'm a doctor, I've been a doctor for four years now and I've had to break news to people, especially bad news but this one is kind of hard. I really don't know how to break this to you Rex"
"What?"
"Remember the blood test we conducted two days ago" "Yes. What happened?"
"The result for HIV came out positive, you're HIV positive and you can't be a donor but that's not the important part"
"What?"
"Yes Rex. You're HIV positive" she repeated and he ran his hand through his full hair.
"You're joking right?"
"No. I can't joke about something so serious." "I use condoms, although not every time"
"Condoms are not even hundred percentage safe."
Rex suddenly remembered when Elvis' talked about the Auchi girl in history department. Could it be from her?
"HIV AIDS is not the end of the road" she advised.
"You can"
Rex stormed out of the office.

Jack entered into a room where Officer Sali had been beaten up by young thugs. He moved back in fear then he knelt down clasping his hands together.
"I never do wrong thing for my life. You no even talk wetin my crime be, you just send them make them beat me, you no even ask question"
"I do am on purpose, I just wanted punish you small"
"For wetin? I never wrong any body"
"E get any body wey you allow pass that road without search?" He asked and he feigned being in thought.
"Make I refresh your memory?" He raised up a whip.
"No! I remember, I remember. E get one man like that, indomie van." He answered and Jack had a flashback of the van driving by at first.
"But Ziko ask you if you search the van shea?"
"I tell am say I search. Na supplier him be, I let am pass. Him give me 3k because say him being wan rush go"
"E make sense for your hear?"
"No! Abeg make una no vex, I no go repeat that mistake again. Make una forgive me"
"We forgive you" Jack answered shooting him in the belly and he groaned loudly falling to the ground.
The memory flashed through his mind again.
Just after he had finished checking the truck, he clearly remembered hearing the officer announce,  "Fire away Sir!" and Ziko asked, "Have you searched that van properly?"
"Yes Sir! They are cleared!" Sali answered and the van driver drove away.