°•¤●Unbearable Secrets●¤•°

Start from the beginning

"Come in, and congratulations on yesterday's victory!"

"Thank you! Akato promised to set up a celebration with the best dishes he could find for us. To compensate for being late to the raid that is~" Nori rubbed the back of her head, sharing a gaze with the house owners. She's just making it painfully clear that it was my idea to bring them here.

I knew I should've told those two that I would be inviting people over to their place, but I was getting sleepy so fast that I logged off and slept with the Amusphere still on my head last night.

"You must be searching for a chef then, you're in luck!" The undine maiden revealed herself. Her hair was glistening in lake blue, paired with an apron fitting for the occasion.

The top beauty of SAO and ALO.

"Your local S-Class Chef, Asuna, at your service!"

SHE'S PULLING OFF A MAID AESTHETIC?! HAH!

"Pff-pff---"

"Shutty, please." Kirito once again warned me not to laugh or else our death looms nearer.

The last person to have come in through the door took her time to scan the house. Feeling a sort of nostalgia with the way her eyes lit all corners of the room.

"Waaahhh~ this place is so comfyyy! I love the atmosphere, it's so peaceful... it reminds me of the garden!" Yuuki clasped her fingers together, expressing her wonder to the couple.

"We're glad you like it. Please, take a seat. My wife will prepare the dishes."

"Aw~ so you two are married?" Siune light-heartedly adored.

"Y-yes. We are."

"They couldn't stand to stay away from each other." I jested, "Every day their love blossoms more and more. Almost everyone in ALO would be jealous of them sooner or later."

"Eheh..."

[The End of Chapter 31 {I}]

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

[Chapter 31 {II}]

The guild, myself, and Kirito had a warm drink before the food was ready. It's a great refresher for this quiet morning. I, for one, needed this, especially after all of yesterday's events. Ah... nothing beats a good tea for the right occasion.

I decided to tell everyone the reasoning behind my sudden disappearance, to tie the knot in their minds. It's a rather lengthy explanation, but it's quite overdue.

They sat in front of Kirito and me, holding their cups.

"I got a message from Kirito yesterday after going on a grinding session with Yuuki," I clarified, looking at the swirling flow of mild brown tea in my white decorated cup served for me. "He went to see the General not long after I logged back into ALO from passing out in-game."

Kirito continued for me, "The initial plan was to discuss with him regarding his match with Akato. As you all know, this guy right here is the Lieutenant of the Salamanders, a prideful, reckless, boastful-"

"They get the picture."

"-annoying and unreasonable high-ranking personnel within their ranks. He was, and I quote: 'sworn to the salamanders' due to his high status." He persists to finish his sentence despite my given point.

"Now you see, everyone in this game is allowed to challenge a boss at any time they wish so much so as they followed the game etiquette, whoever reaches first gets to challenge. If they are busy preparing, they must give the prepared parties to go in first or form a raiding party together. The General, however, was against the idea of having one of their kind aid other parties in sieges or boss battles, thinking that it's a sort of an act of treason for betraying the army..."