°•¤●Lunch Break●¤•°

[Chapter 13]

[-•¤Akashi¤•-]

"So you don't remember anything that has happened in ALO earlier?" Asuna stares at me with a widened face.

"Only the part where I walked out of Liz's shop was still vivid in my mind. Probably because she threw a bucket at me before I managed to close the door. But I could recall some instances of me walking to General Eugene's office. Sadly, that's about it. I don't remember much else after that... Well, except for the part where Kirito stabbed a sword straight to my chest. It hurt like hell." I stated calmly.

My sister, Yorozu, handed me my favourite tea before sitting with us in the living room. In front of me is our guest, the oh-so-legendary Lightning Flash herself.

The window behind her is still bright, really highlighting her stature even in the real world. Don't get your hopes too high though, I see some signs of cloudiness. It's probably going to start raining soon.

"Mind if I ask, Asuna," I say looking outside instead of her directly.

"What is it?"

"I doubt you would come here alone unannounced just to check up on me randomly. The first thing you asked me was only about what happened in ALO."

"Right..."

I think I should've been the one asking that question; "I messed up in there pretty bad huh?"

"I... don't really know, I wasn't there."

"Huh?" I raised an eyebrow, finally looking at her again.

She pushed her phone on the table towards me,

"Kirito saw you get beaten up by the General."

Got my ass handed to me now, didn't I? "I saw that from a mile away, that's for sure. I never won against a fight with him ever since I first joined the ranks."

"That is until you went insane and sliced him in half."

I staggered under my breath.

"W-what?"

"Yeah."

"I sliced him in half."

"Yes."

"I did that?"

She nods.

Oh holy shit, I did. Oh... HOLY SHIT I'M SO FUCKING DEAD!!!

I-I know I went up to him earlier to ask about joining the Sleeping Knights in their raid. I also figured we would have to fight since his ego is shittier than Oberon's internet history. That's why I upgraded at Liz's shop! But for me to win? That's a completely different story...

"You seem to be in shock?"

"I find it hard to believe, especially when it comes to Eugene," I answered.

"Reasonable." She said grinning.

Ghhh... That darn smile... looking at Asuna now, I remembered the reason why I woke up earlier.

"Oh, why were you and Yorozu making a mess of my room anyway?" I asked her before sipping down my tea, hoping she would spill hers like the spoiled noble she is.

She turned away, sweat dripping down her forehead. Not in a blushing way but instead to think of a plan to change the subject.

This is Asuna, I'm sort of well informed as to how she functions. 3 years is a long time after all. She knows what to say and thinks too far ahead to get the result she wants. Vice-Commander, remember?