I frowned at his words.

"Have a good night, Everett." I said to him as I opened the door.

He wanted to say more, but kept quiet.

"Have a good night, Emily." He said and I shut his car door. He waited until I was inside the house and left after sometime.

The house was quiet as I dropped my things on the floor and went to grab a cup of water. I looked at the ceiling and sighed.

What is with Everett and his talk?

Shaking my head, I rinsed my cup and carried my things upstairs. I should go to bed soon- don't want to look like I haven't slept for days.

The next morning, after breakfast I walked to the bus stop while counting my steps. I put on a black top with fitting jeans and slip on vans for my first day back to school.

I see two of my classmates who lives in the neighbourhood was standing near the bus stop already.

"Good morning." They said to me and I give them my smile and a greeting.

I haven't seen them at all in the neighbourhood all summer. We had small talks about what we did during summer and their summer sounded much more better than mine. They worked in the summer camps and went to the beach while my parents wanted me to get better at my instruments.

The bus ride to school was awkward because we have discussed the regular topic and there was nothing much to say after that. I couldn't relate to most of their things, but I tried to understand them better.

When we reached the bus stop of our school, they quickly said their goodbyes and left. I made my way to the building and took a deep breath before walking in.

The day was going fine, people shared what they did all summer. Teachers reminded us we were seniors and what we should be expecting. I met Morgan and London during lunch break and they seemed to be in a sour mood. They don't get along often, and it bothers me at times like this especially when London wants me to side with her and I feel like an awful friends when I don't pick any of them.

Everett walks in to the cafeteria like he owns this place. We had few classes together this morning and he completely ignored me.

My group usually sits at one of the round table in cafeteria, away from the cheerleaders and the jocks. Some of London's other friends sits with us during lunch and all they spoke about was the party.

Morgan chewed her food quietly just like me.

"I know you got home safe, but was it tough?" Morgan suddenly asked.

"No." I said. "I just had to walk a little to the Main Street."

"I'm sorry, I couldn't call you back." She said to me.

"Don't worry about that." I give her a small smile.

"This week, I heard Jesper is throwing a party at his place." London's friend, Gianna suddenly brought up another party.

"We should go." London looked at Morgan and I and I hesitated.

"We will see." Morgan said giving her a curt look and London rolled her eyes at her.