"My companions did not like you, Uchiha-San. They wished to capture and torture you. I granted their wish by lending them the power they needed. As far as Hinata. I wanted her safe until her special day. I have waited for this day to come and claim her as my wife." This man sure was insane. Hinata shall not be his wife, not while I'm breathing.

"Her special day?" I question. Hina really did a number on my arm. I can't feel shit.

"Why yes. It is my Princess's Eighteenth Birthday today."

"It's your birthday?" I ask her without taking my eyes off slender man. He sure was pale

"Yes." I hear her whisper. She never told me when her birthday was, but then again I never asked.

"What a shame." I roll my eyes at his comment. "Enough time wasted. May you move Uchiha-san. Hinata come with me."

"Over my dead body."

"That can be arranged. Although I wish not to fight, the Hyuuga is a good enough reason to kill you." I lung first, my sword aiming for all his vital spots. Nothing was connecting. He simply smiled at me as he dodged every attack. It wasn't making sense. I have never battled anyone with this much skill over mine. I have conquered congregations. Only one who is remotely as powerful as me is Naruto. I slowly feel frustration build in me as the determination to wipe the smile off his face increased immensely. No matter how strong he is, I can't let him take Hina.

I jump up and back as I launch a log at him. My rinnegan starts spinning. He swiftly dodges the log still smiling. I mentally vomit. Focusing on the log, I switch places with it. Now behind him I stab my Katana right in the middle of his back. "A puppet?" He cracked. He didn't bleed or fall to his knees. He simply fell apart. I was fighting a puppet. A fucking puppet. I looked down at the pieces in disbelief until I heard her scream. He held her up by her hair, which was tightly wrapped in his fist. Her feet dangled, barely off the ground. She struggled to get him off but her short arms were failing her. Was this the real him or another puppet? Without another thought I charge at him. My Katana aiming got his neck ready to take off his head. I jump and lead with my sword in my right.

Watching Hinata squirm and scream under his hold made my blood boil. She was too perfect to suffer at the hands of someone, anyone. I wanted to rip his body limb from limb and feed him to any beast willing as I hear his screams for a savior that would never come.

I see my opening and swing letting my anger carry through. He leans forward at the last second dodging my attack. He counteracts by punching me in the gut. I instantly flew across the lake and into a tree. I heard her cry my name. Fuck. I try to stand but my head is spinning. Get it together Sasuke. Remembering my goal, I appear in front of Toneri within an instant. Hinata was looking down at me defeated. What happened? "I'm sorry Sasuke." A small smile graced her lips. "One trigram 32 palms" I open my eyes wide as I see where her hands were aiming.

"HINA NO!" I scream as she connects her gentle fist to her temples.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?" Toneri growls. He drops her only to pick her up by the collars on her shirt and shakes her vigorously. "Look at me" Hinata blankly stares back. "This was your big idea? To BLIND yourself?" He screams. "Useless, worthless, pathetic!" What he did next happened so fast I couldn't stop it. Before I knew it Hinata's body was flung across the lake, through three tree trunks, and embedded in the fourth.

"AHHHHH" I watch his face crack under my left knuckles. I guess my arm is back.

"You fool, your fist will never touch me. Tell Hinata the real me will come for her once her eyes heal." I stomp on his face, breaking it completely. Another puppet.

I ran to Hinata. I sigh in relief as I see her chest rise and fall. I don't know why I thought she could possibly be dead. She is the strongest woman I know. I crouch next to her unconscious body. "Why?" I whisper, lifting her into my arms. Why did she have to make such a rash decision? We could have beat him, together. I put my forehead on hers and closed my eyes. Sigh. She did this to save us, to save me. She sacrificed her sight, her bloodline for us, for me. I know her. She must have taken no chances. I know she damaged them greatly, probably beyond repair. Therefore she needs the best healer, Tsunade. I promised myself I would never go back. I open my eyes and gaze upon her calm features. I have too, for her. My body stiffens and I look to the heavens as I sense a familiar chakra. Strong, as strong as mine.

Naruto.

I look down at Hina once more as I realize what I have to do. He has to find her. He will take her back to Konoha and away from me. I knew she would have to return and leave me behind. I thought she would at least be conscious when it happened. I guess it's better this way. No goodbyes and sad faces. This way is painless, for one of us. Even if I took her there I couldn't stay, which would hurt worse. There are so many things I haven't asked her, things we haven't experienced yet. A part of me needs her to stay here with me. Naruto will take good care of her. She never told me her boyfriend's name but I knew who it was. Who else would it be? She deserves to be in the arms of the better man. She deserves a happy ending with a happy guy. I was the adventure she needed. A short arc in her long life journey.

I carried her to the lake and lay her beside the flowers under our tree. Naruto will find her here easily. I feel his chakra getting closer. I sat next to her looking out at the lake. "If Toneri comes back, I will not fail you like this time. I promise to protect you." I trace her cheekbones down across her jawline. I watch a droplet hit her lips. I look up to clear skies, yet my cheek is wet. "I took a page out of your book today." I chuckle. "I prayed." I wipe my tear from her lips and kiss them instead. "I love you, Hinata." I look around our lake from under our tree one last time. "Goodbye" I disappear into the trees as I hear his voice.

"HINATA!"

__________________________________________

Wow it's good to be back. Was it worth the wait?

Corona has put me in a weird spot in my life but I am pressing through. I had severe writer's block but I think I am over it. This chapter has been long anticipated and I have already started the next chapter.

Thanks for reading. Any feedback will be helpful. Stay safe!